Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open-up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse,
performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee,
you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities enable you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
Exciting Opportunity - AI Product Manager for Operations Support Systems (OSS)
The complexity of emerging 5G networks makes manual management and operations of these networks impossible. AI technologies, including Machine Learning, are increasingly being used to drive intelligent automation and autonomous operation of 5G networks that will drive economic and social transformation. Towards this, we have setup a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
We use a combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations, including new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we not only drive AI based product innovation, but also push the AI technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data driven insights.
Ericsson is looking for an AI Product Manager to drive AI initiatives in telecom OSS domain (with primary focus on 4G and 5G) – looking at all aspects of mobile network deployment, optimization, operations and service assurance.
Role And Responsibilities
Develop following deliverables in Collaboration with Ericsson Business Lines, and Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers:
- Translating business problem (with relevant business metrics) into data science problem; focus on OSS – covering both Radio Access Network (RAN) and Core.
- Detailed end-to-end AI solution requirements, including for data access and comprehension (in compliance with Regulatory and Contractual obligations).
- Detailed requirements for necessary tooling and instrumentation of the target deployment/production environment – for complete life-cycle management.
- Strategic asset creation from these engagements to bootstrap a self-service AI/ML platform – for design, development and life cycle management.
Minimum Required Skills
- Solid understanding of generations of RAN, EPC and SGi-LAN, as per 3GPP Specifications. Emphasis on 4G and 5G technologies.
- Deep expertise, in telecom Operations Support Systems (OSS): network management & operations, orchestration & self-organizing networks, and analytics & assurance. Good knowledge of Ericsson’s OSS products and solutions.
- Carrier-grade solution design, field engineering, and network management experience in Service Provider settings.
- Understanding of use cases based on machine learning and deep learning – to drive business/operations benefits – would be ideal.
- Network planning and operations expertise at Tier-1 Telecom Service provider, Telecom vendor or System integrators - covering both RAN and core network.
- Exposure to cloud-native architectures and their usage in Telecom Networks
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning as applied to telecom domain in general, and operators, in particular; includes solution life cycle management considerations.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
M.E./M.Tech. in CS/EE or MBA + 5 years (or) B.E./B.Tech. + 10 years of Tier-1 service provider domain
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.