Our Exciting Opportunity:
As a part of establishing a Smart Factory within the U.S., we are now looking for a Shift Leader to build up and lead the 2nd shift warehouse team. Key aspects of the role are to lead warehouse-related activities to ensure warehouse output meets internal and external customer demands. The chosen candidate will direct the workflow of the warehouse and quality standards of the following areas: receiving, put-away, picking, Kanban fulfillment, assembly kitting, transportation and service shipping. The Team Leader will be responsible for providing supervisory oversight to team members while also driving process improvements to departmental functions. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a demonstrated track record of managing warehousing and materials functions within a high-volume production environment. This individual must be prepared to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced materials environment while coaching their team to success.
- Continuously develop and improve the operations through analysis of metrics and other performance data
- Supervises and ensures compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
- Leads peers on tasks and/or projects, acting as a first point of contact.
- Assists in the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team.
- Manage day-to-day material put-away and picking operations, driving material movement efficiency and transaction accuracy.
- Direct production material Kanban fulfillment activities.
- Partner closely with day shift and their activities to provide a seamless flow of materials through 2nd shift.
- Oversee cycle count activities to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Coordination with production and planning teams to address production material shortages.
- Extend development of staff to be cross trained in all aspects of activities in the warehouse cultivating a true flex workforce.
- Always adhere to safety standards, while enforcing safe work habits with all team members; this includes all OSHA regulations and facility safety guidelines
- Assist in performance management activities including preparation of performance evaluations, recognition efforts for strong performing team members, and assistance with disciplinary matters as necessary by partnering with supervisor and HR
- Other duties maybe assigned to support warehouse operations.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Operations or relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics and manufacturing
- Strong managerial skills and proven leadership ability
- Positive conflict and change management skills
- Be a self-starter and able to optimally work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with building an organization from the ground up is a plus
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and meaningful driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Reports to Warehouse & Material Handling Manager
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || Supply&Log