Senior Data Engineer for Data Collection, Analytics, Machine learning Area
Ericsson is the place for working with new technology in the area of data collection, analytics, and machine learning developed for smart industries, intelligent transport, immersive gaming and more. Our customers expect the best for their networks, and we seek to give it to them. We are a team of highly motivated individuals working with architects, software developers, and technologists from across Ericsson that are building the foundation of Ericsson’s 5G networks with Machine Learning and AI (ML/AI) technology. Do you have the desire to define the future system and data strategies of Ericsson’s 5G and cloud native applications?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer/Architect to build and evolve the architecture for data collection and smart analytics with the latest ML/AI technology for Ericsson’s 5G solutions. The position requires influencing the data pipeline and data strategy activities across Ericsson and identifying new ML/AI technologies. It also includes defining technology strategies related to open source and technology supply decisions.
Unit Description: BA Digital Services
Ericsson Digital Services helps service providers prosper in the digital economy. From enhancing the way service providers engage with their customers to automating operations, we're helping service providers reach new levels of programmability, access and agility – levels that digital natives call home. We provide solutions consisting of software and services in the areas of Digital Business Support Systems (BSS), Operational Support Systems (OSS), Cloud Communication, Cloud Core, and Cloud Infrastructure. The portfolio is focused on 5G-ready, cloud-native, automated and industrialized solutions to secure a smooth digitalization journey towards 5G.
Ongoing digitalization, together with virtualization and the introduction of 5G is driving new opportunities for service providers. It gives possibilities to capitalize on the investments better by programming and slicing 4G and 5G networks for specific consumer and industry needs. It also gives possibilities to automate operations and become radically more efficient, and to serve and engage with customers digitally.
What you’ll do
- Strategize, define and refine the end-to-end Data Infrastructure for Ericsson’s 5G applications to ensure desired characteristics for scalability, high availability, distribution, protection, etc. criteria for our customer’s different data services
- Work with Product Managers to ensure understanding of business requirements for data management, data services, use cases and workflows
- Supervise and develop prototypes/system studies in Data Collection, Analytics, and Machine Learning microservices
- Identify and propose new opportunities for data services to provide our customers a technology leadership edge
- Mentor and provide support to technical teams during software development, including the transfer of the results from prototypes and system studies
- Share data infrastructure knowledge in technology leadership forums and contribute to technology leadership activities across Ericsson
- Identify and explore ground-breaking technology trends with potential impact on Ericsson’s portfolio as well as understand their use in key competitive products.
- Work full-time from Ericsson’s headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden in S&T Technology & Solutions as part of the Architecture team for our cloud platform development
Who you are
- You are passionate about architecting the future of data collection & smart analytics in networks and have a proven record of leadership as an architect, senior developer or senior technology specialist.
- You are forward-thinking and flexible which allows you to develop new innovative ideas
- You care about advancing new insights that will help our customers grow their business
You are eager to learn, particularly about new ML/AI technologies and other emerging technologies and can demonstrate it. You have a Bachelor or Master of Science or corresponding University studies and a minimum of 5 years working experience with Data Collection/Handling in system management or similar positions.
- You have mastered data management technologies, mapping requirements into technical descriptions, being responsible for the development and delivery of functions and solutions for data services
- You have recent programming skills in Python, R, Julia or C++
- You have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. You are proficient in oral and written English and have excellent presentation skills.
- You are familiar with open source SW technologies as well as service based and distributed architectures including Linux, DB, microservices architectures, IaaS, PaaS etc.
- You have good business and market understanding and can see the big picture
You are welcome at Ericsson to explore the latest ML/AI technologies for the architecture for the data collection and smart analytics area used in Ericsson’s 5G solutions.
The position resides in Stockholm, Sweden.
Last date to apply is 31st July 2020.
Monal Jain, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Job details: Developer Job Stage 07