Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. In the area of research and development (R&D), Ericsson employs some 950 staff in Germany. With the Eurolab facilities located in Herzogenrath near Aachen, Ericsson operates an ICT development center in Germany, which hosts also an Ericsson Research unit active in the field of Network Architecture and Protocols.
Software Developer (m/f/d)
Application Development Platform (ADP) Framework is the Ericsson’s chosen way forward for developing cloud native applications, following a modern design pattern (microservice architecture based on containers).
This methodology aligns us at Ericsson with the industry direction, enabling faster time to Market, through efficient reuse, collaboration and sharing, and provides an opportunity for early alignment across Ericsson applications. Like this, our customers get well aligned and synchronized portfolio, with common look and feel!
All development activities are following agile & scrum working principles, in close cooperation with diverse team members, covering vast variety of tasks like SW study, SW architecture, design, testing and automation, integration and user experience.
Now we want to strengthen our Software Development Capabilities and therefore we are looking for a passionate SW designer!
• Have an opportunity to work on top notch technology development of a Cloud Native SW and shape the 5G telecommunications future.
• Study, design, develop, integrate and test the microservices in the communications area, in one of the hottest technologies nowadays.
• The assignment is intended for a team member, who would be in close cooperation with the existing diverse development teams and international stakeholders.
• MSc/BSc degree in computer science, communications or related technical fields
• First work experience in Software development would be an advantage
• Passion for SW technologies
• SW development and testing skills, preferably in Go, C++ and Java, as well as scripting - e.g. Python, or solid testing skills
• Test automation, execution and visualization of results
• Understanding or experience of the concepts of cloud native software development, microservices, containers, docker and Kubernetes
• Awareness and interest in the security (NW security and cyber security) concepts
• Understand the Open Source concepts and openness to contribute to open source development
• Willingness to continuously learn new technologies
• Team spirit and a mindset of getting things done
• Interest in driving technical discussions towards results
• Open mindset to all types of diversity and inclusion
• Experience of collaboration with international stakeholders
• Good communication skills
• An international working environment with cooperative teams
• Excellent learning and personal development opportunities within Ericsson Corporation
• Flexible Working Hours
Interested? Please apply through our careersite www.ericcsson.com/careers . Applications via Email will not be considered, due to data protection regulations.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Aachen || R&D
Req ID: 405114