We are now looking for a principal developer in SW craftsmanship area who, as a technical expert, can lead & drive PC SH SW development and evolution of SW craftsmanship in cloud native transformation. Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Particularly, SW architecture design, hands-on coding, SW refactoring, troubleshooting, performance optimization, will be the main tasks for you. It is expected that you proactively explore, pilot, introduce, deploy and adapt the new initiatives in SW craftsmanship domain in our SW development, aiming for greatly improving our development efficiency and product quality, but also TTM. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- You will drive strategic technical leadership in the area of software craftsmanship of Product/System Area/tools at Packet Core Shanghai, but also proactively align the new craftsmanship initiatives with the corresponding technical leaders on PDU/BDGS level
- Coaching and supporting design teams in development phases and troubleshooting including coding efforts, e.g. designing & implementing the software framework, and/or programing key software components / sample codes & patterns, performing trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes. Continuously observe and pilot the state-of-the-art software craftsmanship initiatives in the community / industry, driving relevant technology proof of concepts. Actively contributing to the community following Ericsson’s Statement of Direction.
- Lead fast implementation of the product prototypes / technology proof of concepts, to validate the product development and evolvement Strategy work, but also to verify the new emerging 5G solutions / use cases.
- Providing software craftmanship expertise to the creation and maintenance of development plans, roadmaps, architectural decisions and high-level requirements.
- Initiate and secure innovation and proof of concepts to prove technology leadership in customer engagement activities
- Develop competence in technical domain. Collaborate with academies within domain for new technology or opportunity
- Education: Bachelor or above
- Min years of experience: 10+ in Telecom SW development domain
- Domain experience:
- 3GPP knowledge and Packet Core product knowledge
- Strong cloud native SW development experience
- Excellent knowledge about SW craftsmanship for Telecom products
- Excellent programing skill and be kind of language "guru"
- Experience of open source communities engaged in cloud technologies
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills
- General Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Working with people and good networking within technical experts' forum
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
IT IS MERITING IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Competence of Ericsson Packet Core applications
- Experience from webscale companies and applications development
- Experience from CNCF projects and competence in CNCF applications
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Shanghai || R&D
Req ID: 403823