We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Identify add-on sales opportunities
- You will assist in the development of a service proposal
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- You will collect and document customer requirements
- Drives innovation opportunities with Solutions team
- Moderate to significant customer interaction to ensure alignment on scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Highly consultative with good communication skills
- Primary Contacts: CPM, GSC Leads, Customer RF/C&E engineers/managers
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- Minimum seven (4-10) years of RF engineering experience.
- Minimum three to four years of recent experience in radio network design, implementation and tuning/optimization on 3G & LTE systems.
- Past Leadership experience in at least five 3G, LTE/VoLTE projects.
- One project must be the leader for all technical activities in a large scale (major metropolitan area or state wide geographic area) and responsibilities must include technical organization and oversight of work and demonstrated excellence in communications with team, project manager, and customer.
- Understanding of signaling in between different interfaces Design
- Detailed understanding of the link budget
- Have used the planning tools such as Aircom Asset3G, Planet EV, Atoll
- Detailed understanding of inputs required, and how to create a new project in a planning tool
- Able to perform model tuning
- Have used the ACP (Automatic Cell Planning) tool
- Able to make recommendations to improve a network design (cell plan) • Detailed understanding of Monte Carlos Analysis.
- Experience in Scrambling Code and Neighbor planning Tuning
- Able to make recommendations in parameter changes, feature activations on drive test data to improve the system performance.
- Detailed understanding of optimization tools such as TEMS investigation, Actix, Agilent,
- Experience in tuning a loaded network, and understand the difference between artificial and real traffic loading
- Detailed understanding of Layer 3 messaging
- Able to collect and analyze drive data and performance statistics, and solve complex issues
- Knowledge on how IRAT procedures can affects the overall Service Quality both for PS and CS traffic
- Suggests improvements to tools
- Understand the impact of adding 2nd carrier/ 3rd carrier on the network Optimization
- Has the competence to implement and experiment on RAN features relative to traffic analysis
- Understands the relationship between Soft/Softer Handovers and Network Capacity, and how to optimize both.
- Detailed knowledge of the Ericsson OSS, and how to operate the optimization tools
- Detailed knowledge of KPIs and able to make recommendations to improve them • Understand how enhance uplink tuning is performed
- Detailed understanding and experience in HSDPA, LTE & VoLTE optimization Additional Skills
- Proficient with MapInfo, MS Office
- Flexibility of extensive travel within the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate with high degree of independence, while managing project and customer expectations
- Ability to coordinate activities with various Ericsson departments, divisions and companies
- Ability to identify and interpret customer requirements, and develop plans to address them
- Advanced technical knowledge in the network area of working (Radio, Transport, Core or Wireline)
- Knowledge of local OHS statutory regulations and group OHS requirements
- English Skills
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng