Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, balanced and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to gather the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will fix and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. The ability to investigate including hands-on analysis is crucial. It includes virtualization of all nodes on different hardware providers, with OpenStack, SCALEIO Storage and Cisco Networking plus other 3PP platforms based on Unix OS.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge.
The Operations Support Systems Engineer takes care of fault, performance, service and inventory management. Provides support and assistance along the entire Life Cycle of the platforms in scope. Creates new scripts to improve the functionality or prevention activities. (Bash, Python).
You will also:
- Perform both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on-demand;
- Act before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flow ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels;
- Understand the customer’s network and systems architecture, collaborate closely with applications specialists, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed):
- Minimum 3 years of exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Zabbix));
- Cloud knowledge;
- Networking and routing;
- Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, the on-call duty one week per month;
- Spanish language is required.
Nice to have
- Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge;
- Radio & Core network (VNF) architecture knowledge;
- Linux knowledge
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy,
- YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
- In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- & more other benefits that we are looking forward to communicating them to you, once you applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer.