Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
As MSIP Operations Assurance for Datacenter, you are accountable for managing for the datacenters & BSC’s under Ericsson management, the financial & operational performance inclusive vendor management, the contracted Service Level Agreement (SLA) fulfillment, customer satisfaction and serve as the primary escalation point for critical incident, Delivery Operations escalations, performance reporting towards the customer & responsible to manage the applicable Working Level Agreements (WLA) /Operational Level Agreements (OLA) with delivery organizations.As MSIP Operations Assurance you will report to the MSCOO (Managed Service Chief Operating Officer) and you will belong to the MSIP team. Your primary interfaces are MSCOO, MSIP, Head of Field Service Organization (FSO), Telenet Data Center manager, Data Center FSO team-lead and his team, Customer Project Manager’s (CPM), Authorized Service Provider (ASP) manager, Sourcing manager, Contract manager. This role is based in Brussels, and working location is partially in the different Data Centers (Aartselaar, Gent, Brussels), to be close to the teams & customer, and partially in the Brussels office. The Candidate is requested to participate in an On-Call schedule (1 week/month), representing the MSIP role On Duty (outside business hours), based on a rotating schedule among other colleagues.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Accountable for KPI performance
- Responsible for framing scoping (supported by the technical teams for input), redacting & negotiation of offerings towards the customer
- Prime (escalation) interface to the customer for Data Center, acting with high customer intimacy and expert advising mode
- Coordinate the Customer Operations meetings, Problem management & status reporting with the customer
- Present your Data Center domain in the monthly Performance meeting
- Coordinate the Internal Operations & Project meetings & status reporting
- tracking and governance of each contract deliverable securing contractual fulfilment and eliminating risks, proactive follow-up of action points
- early capturing changing customer strategy, needs and priorities, avoid scope creep/over-delivery of services and turning them in add-on sales opportunities
- To achieve a high level of Customer satisfaction by e.g. proactively detecting customer business requirements and adding value to its business needs,…
- Secure that incident & problem management activities are efficiently performed and supported
- Financial management: business case compliance inclusive resource dimensioning, budgeting, forecasting & reporting, PO & Invoice management,…
- update WLA and OLA’s with Delivery organizations
- Technical & Financial dashboarding/reporting
- Continuously drive for efficiency, service improvements, digitalization, automation, innovation towards excellence in service delivery
- Drive Operational and financial improvement programs
- Accountable to align the projects program planning of daily operations work (together with Data Center FSO team-lead) with project activities (together with the CPM and supplier) and if needed with Telenet Data Center manager, forecast temporary resource needs and manage priority settings
- Secure alignment on project scope & hand-over-to-Operations (inclusive lifecycle) criteria
- Secure that Data Center specific Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) plan is updated and OHS guidelines are followed & drive closing the gap of work instructions in alignment with OHS manager
- Update Data Center specific Business Continuity Plan (BCP) plans
- Influencing & advising customer on favourable options for new systems/ investments; towards standardization, efficient maintenance, consumables & spare parts, life cycle & warranty clauses, diversity of service partners and reasonable costing and clear costing structure.
- Implement Inventory management for Consumables & spare parts
- Implement tracking of life cycle of systems and parts (inclusive warranty tracking)
- Vendor management as domain expert:
- Operational Ownership of the 3rd Party Vendors and Suppliers relationship
- Management of Purchase Order creation, Good Receipt and invoicing
- Act as first point of contact (& escalation) with Vendors and Suppliers
- tracking and governance of each contract deliverable securing contractual fulfilment, KPI and eliminating risks
- Performance ranking of the 3rd Party Vendors and Suppliers
- Push & Challenge the 3rd Party Vendors and Suppliers to act as advising experts (technical, strategic advise that can be used towards the customer)
- Work closely with Sourcing and ASP management to continuously optimize Ericsson 3rd Party contracts.
- Re-model/re-write contracts in such way that pricing structures are clear between preventive & corrective, spare parts versus consumable, business hour versus outside business hour, own stock versus spare parts contract, …
- Define and execute contract renewal plan
- Increase competition by introducing new additional vendors
- perform & document governance meetings for each of the 3rd parties & ASP (supported by ASP manager)
- Track and manage the financial position of each contract versus delivery
- Write price requests/ Request For Quotation’s (RFQ) for preventive, corrective and project works
- Revise with the Datacenter teams the technical proposals/feasibility of the Offers and RFQ responses
- Secure quality audits on 3rd Party Vendors & Suppliers
- Secure Safe and Secure environment during the project execution, at each end-of-working day
- Support new business opportunities in collaboration with Sourcing and ASP management
- strong Customer orientation with excellent understanding of Service Providers / Operators business requirements
- broad expertise in data center systems, eager to stay on top of the technological evolution by scanning the market for technological improvements
- 5+ years experience in Data Center Maintenance is a prerequisite
- 5+ years experience in managing ASP’s
- Strong experience in financial management
- Excellent understanding Network Operations processes is a must.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good level of interpersonal and negotiation skills. Be fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing. Understanding of Dutch or French written and oral work instructions is desirable.
- Has excellent knowledge of Microsoft – Excel – Outlook –Word
- You are well structured and stress resistant in crisis and in conflicts
- You are analytical to solve complex challenges, capable of comprehensive & synthetic presentations towards customer & management
- You are a Team player, persuasive and influencing
- You are strong customer focused and emphatic listener
- You are a strong communicator both verbal as in writing
- You are decisive, result oriented, show initiative, have a sense of Ownership and drive action & progress
- You are entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- You have the strong ability to mediate between people, teams & stakeholders and is able to provide guidance & direction
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Belgium (BE) || || Brussels || SharedServ
Req ID: 402627