Product Privacy is a strategically prioritized area within the new privacy strategy at Ericsson, which is driven by the newly established Product Privacy Office in Group Function Technology. The office is a mission critical team of experts to set and drive the product privacy ambition across Ericsson product portfolio and technologies and to ensure compliance to data protection regulations such as GDPR.
The Privacy Specialist is responsible for ensuring that privacy is part of Ericsson’s product portfolio development activities, supporting setting the best in class requirements and driving achievement of desired ambition levels across Business Areas and Market.
The Privacy Specialist will also develop and support implementing ways of working across Ericsson’s security, privacy, and research community, providing day-to-day leadership and expertise.
This position reports to the Head of the Product Privacy Office and it is based in the Ericsson Network Security competence center. This is a global position that requires a best in class approach and comprehensive understanding of business and regulatory requirements, privacy and security related standards, practices and related legislation and their interdependencies to business operations.
- Executes on company’s privacy strategy, goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with Ericsson security reliability model for product portfolio development
- Oversees the development and execution of privacy by design activities across R&D, supporting technical reviews and suggesting best practices
- Ensures appropriate interpretation of privacy by design controls to achieve compliance with the relevant privacy laws, regulations and technical standards (e.g. NIST privacy, 3GPP, GDPR)
- Contributes to continuous improvement of Ericsson baseline privacy requirements and related privacy design rules
- Supports executing privacy impact assessments of critical products and services, to identify privacy risks and mitigations for treatment plans
- Performs privacy trainings to promote awareness and accountability of the privacy domain
- Collaborates across Business Areas, Market Areas and the security community to ensure continuous improvement of Ericsson’s privacy approach
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in privacy
- IAPP’s CIPM/CIPP/CIPT certification in the field of privacy and data protection
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in telecommunications or technology domain, previous experience of working with product development. Experience in research or standardization is an advantage
- Proven track record of successful deployment of privacy practices in a complex multinational environment
- Knowledge and understanding of EU, US and other data protection laws
- Technical expertise and hands on experience related to the core privacy risk areas of the telco and IT industry
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver compelling presentations at all levels in the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Leadership skills with a record of accomplishment of delivering through others in a matrix organization with competing priorities
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
- Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or latest by 15th of June!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Job details: Technical Product & Portfolio Management