Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers, especially for their NFV network. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. The ability to deep dive including hands-on analysis is essential. It includes virtualization of all nodes on Ericsson proprietary HDS8000 hardware, with CEE (OpenStack), plus other 3PP platforms based on Unix OS.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge.
The Operations Support Systems Engineer deals with fault, performance, service and inventory management. Provides support and assistance along the entire Life Cycle of the platforms in scope. Creates new scripts to improve the functionality or prevention activities. (Bash, Python).
You will also:
• Perform both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on-demand;
• Take action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flow ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels;
• Understand the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Minimum 2 years of exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage);
• Basic Knowledge of Cloud (OpenStack);
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represent an advantage);
• Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
• Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, the on-call duty one week per month.
Would be nice to have:
• Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge;
• Radio & Core network (VNF) architecture knowledge;
• POSIX (Bash, Perl, Python, SQL scripting) used to automatize different system tasks – basic to medium knowledge level;
• Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems from various vendors -like Huawei M2000/U2000, Nokia NetAct, Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading, and export/visualization).
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 28 vacation days/year;
• Medical insurance (including medical insurance for children);
• Lunch (card to an agreed provider) for working days – by law
• Career plan mentoring
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.