As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Great Opportunity
This role is for a System Engineer that will operate, maintain, and configure the IT systems providing Live and On-Demand video services for a Pan European operator! Excellent understanding and experience of Linux servers & environments, networking & storage. Need to understand how to use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate detailed information and in-depth investigation before raising to other teams or relevant partners!
- Support and lead entire architecture(Linux Based) for Video services.
- Performs configurations fixing on various components.
- Guide in the analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
- Administrate SQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems.
- Positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on partnership and flexibility;
- Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
- Improve the propose solutions for customer needs and operational optimizations;
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes;
- Work to identify and drive improvements
To be successful in the role you must have
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Excellent knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with a RESTful architecture
- Experience with microservices-based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of IP networking and data center infrastructure
- Internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP
- Experience in supporting VMware environments
- Experience in configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, such as Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and people skills, attention to detail;
Will represent a plus
- Delivery Platforms and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5)
- Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
- Experience in systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds, and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
- Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of confident decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where appreciation and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to define an impact is endless.
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
- In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request the accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 397664