We are now looking for Field Services Engineer candidate in Kanto Area. The Field Services Engineer will apply developed professional knowledge and skills to solve common and complex issues for Ericsson's Customer, global IT company. Work on solutions with moderate scope and complexity. Assess proposed solutions on technical, operational, and strategic aspects. Responsible for installation / removal, management, limited commissioning, and fault resolution of IT network transport elements in data centers, switch rooms, regen, and PoP site environments across the region in a cost efficient and timely manner, while adhering to strict customer centric quality and standards with little to no supervision.
- Complete all activities associated with physically placing equipment identified in project specification documents including but not limited to routing, lacing, labeling, terminating and local / remote testing and turn up of Ethernet, fiber, and power cables.
- Configure and integrate nodes and solutions into networks (new and existing)
- Interpret and follow detailed method of procedures (MOPS) and engineering documents / diagrams.
- Review project specifications to validate equipment placement, cable assignments and determine cable lengths then document results.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to site survey requests.
- Report on own activities after work completion using project ticketing system.
- Analyze and resolve network issues associated with equipment installations / removals.
- Maintain the environment at an operative state
- Perform and assist fiber and/or card level troubleshooting and replacement procedures with assistance from control centers and/or back office engineers.
- Understand and follow all common and industry specific safety standards to protect personnel and assure network integrity / reliability.
- Communicate as required with multiple departments to optimize scheduling, resolve roadblocks, and coordinate material deliveries.
- Inventory, receive, and ship materials.
- Document project milestones, notes, job information memorandum, and submit ready for service notifications to gain Operations acceptance for all completed projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvements in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Key Qualifications / Competencies:
- Fluent Japanese and Business level of English skills
- Japanese driver’s license is a must to commute to the site.
- Minimum years of experience: (5 - 10 Years)
- Familiarity with customer specific standards, processes, and equipment
- IT Transport experience with – ALU, Arista, Cisco, Juniper (nice to have)
- AC & DC power work experience
- Working knowledge of Fluke, EXFO, Viavi, and VeEX test equipment.
- Perform and understand testing on 1G, 10G, 40G, and 100G circuits via BERT, iPerf, Y.1564/EtherSAM, RFC2544, OTDR, etc.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Prior experience working as an ICT Field Technician or ICT Field Engineer in the Telecommunications Industry.
- In-depth knowledge of IT transport equipment installation and basic testing methods and procedures (MOPs).
- Knowledge of operating principles of wireline, wireless and RF environments.
- Ability to interpret and perform tasks outlined in MOPs, vendor documentation, technical specifications, network practices, engineering letters and job aids.
- Knowledge of telephony networks, include DS1, DS3, OC, and various IP networks.
- Knowledge of fiber specifications and characteristics including structure and MTP/MPO cables.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to work in overhead rack or grid for extended periods of time pulling long lengths of heavy cables.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must have a high level of computer hardware/software experience with skills and knowledge in Microsoft office product lines, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments.
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 100% of the time; however, based on business requirements this duration could be lower.
- Follow Site Facility and information Management
- Familiarity with On-site Service Activation/Deactivation
- Ability to clearly identify specific color schemes.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- Dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Repetitive Movements for extended periods of time.
- Push / Pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 396623