Title: Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Market Area North America (MANA)
Location: Plano, Texas
As Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, you will play a critical role in driving the awareness, reputation, growth, and profitability of the business in North America while working closely with the global Marketing function to influence other regions. You will plan, develop and execute marketing strategies as part of the organization’s strategy to market leadership through compelling campaigns and external messaging. In addition, you will own all internal communications within Ericsson North America.
Reporting to the EVP & Head of Strategy, Technology, Marketing and Business Development, Market Area North America, you will:
- Articulate a clear, compelling vision of Ericsson that will help position the company appropriately in the marketplace and bolster internal and external messaging
- Oversee customer acquisition and retention management methodologies and systems
- Review and manage marketing across all channels (digital and otherwise)
- Design, plan and execute effective marketing campaigns in support of company strategy
- Ensure marketing support for upcoming product launches
- Define and track all objectives and key results (OKRs) pertaining to marketing and communications
- Manage a results-oriented marketing team; evaluating the team continuously to create a team that is appropriate to business challenges
- Lead, motivate, and develop a dedicated team; creating a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels
- Act as a true business partner to the senior management team
- Gain the trust and confidence of the company’s stakeholders and demonstrate leadership values and integrity
- Lead by example in embedding Ericsson on the Move’s focus areas (culture) within your organization
- Leading the marketing function for a global technology company
- Aligning corporate marketing and communications to enhance awareness, recognition, differentiation, and competitive advantage
- Driving enterprise-wide marketing to a concentrated customer base
- Helping rally employees around a clear, concise company vision and value proposition
- Helping launch new technologies, products, solutions to the market and gaining market acceptance
- Leveraging marketing across a diverse portfolio including hardware, systems, services, and/or software
- Analyzing customer and competitor behavior and translating this knowledge into developing and implementing an aggressive marketing strategy including experience setting and meeting key milestones
- Supporting a large, complex technology business through sound marketing strategy, branding, marketing communications, and advertising
- Partnering with key functional areas of the business including sales, product development, and services
- Working with managers, peers, and reports throughout an organization to gain sufficient mindshare and resources to effectively and efficiently drive the business
- Strong leadership skills to drive and foster a culture of quality and efficiency
- Intelligence, focus, results-orientation, and business savvy
- Ability to operate in a large, complex organization
- Ability to develop a clear and compelling marketing vision and strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders to achieve necessary buy-in, keep people informed, and execute a plan
- High energy
- Sense of urgency with a bias for action
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Minimum Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline required. MBA or other master’s degree preferred
- A management background with at least 10 years of increasing responsibility, preferably in Strategy, Marketing or a similar related area
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms
- Ability to travel more than 15%
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt