Title: VP, Head of Strategy, Market Area North America (MANA)
Location: Plano, Texas
As Head of Strategy you will be responsible for the development and execution of the market strategy for Ericsson in North America. You will be responsible for defining strategic priorities, driving market intelligence to identify key opportunities and risks, conducting scenario planning to evaluate sensitivity against major headwinds/tailwinds, and owning business plans for the market area. In addition, you’d be responsible for driving thought leadership and business model innovation in a highly dynamic industry. Doing so, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategies for different line organizations in the market area, portfolio choices, capital and resource allocations, and new business development.
Reporting to the EVP & Head of Strategy, Technology, Marketing and Business Development, Market Area North America, you will:
- Business and scenario planning
- Develop a consistent set of planning assumptions to serve as input (guidance) into Customer Unit and Domain business plans
- Conduct scenario analysis to determine sensitivity of business plan to various headwinds and tailwinds
- Pressure-test Customer Unit and Domain business plans (planning assumption compliance, upside potential, risk assessment)
- Orchestrate and coordinate across Customer Units and Domains to arrive at Market Area business plan
- Automate business planning process
- Market intelligence
- Conduct market intelligence tracking new developments, trends in the market
- Translate raw market intelligence into implications for Ericsson to enable and drive productive conversations around corrective actions
- Thought leadership
- Develop and maintain strong thought leadership collateral on a variety of topics (e.g. 5G / IoT use cases, best practices for 5G deployment, private networks and roadmap for digital transformation of enterprises, etc.)
- Go-to-market innovation
- Construct GTM strategy including business, commercial and operating model for new / emerging business opportunities
- Lead by example in embedding Ericsson on the Move’s focus areas (culture) within your organization
- Strategic business intelligence, results-orientation, high-energy and business savvy
- Proven skills in strategic analysis, tactical planning and firm execution in a complex organization
- Proven track record of applying innovative thinking and analysis to address business needs in ambiguous environments
- Experienced in implementing operational rigor and programs across organizations
- Strong consultative and communication skills to build rapport in achieving necessary buy-in, keeping stakeholders informed, and executing on plan
- Solid understanding of key competitor and ecosystem partner value propositions
- Strategic thinker – strong systemic, critical and strategic thinking - quickly identifies patterns among problems and issues; able to identify alternatives, develop solutions and make proposals
- Business acumen – strong financial acumen and broad business skill set - capacity to drive for results by turning data analytics and insights into actionable business strategies
- Results-oriented – excellent planning, execution and project-management skills experience and ability to apply to enterprise, line of business and market area
- Driving innovation – open to new ideas, accepts challenges and leads with optimism
- Energizing leader – engages and motivates employees, develops and secures talent
Minimum Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. MBA or other master’s degree preferred
- A management background with at least 10 years of increasing responsibility, preferably in Strategy or a similar related area
- Experience delivering projects on budget
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and communication skills
- Ability to travel more than 20%
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt