Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
We believe in!
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in creativity – trying new things and learning from our mistakes. We believe in sharing our insights and helping one another to build an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness, we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
As there is a strong push to move towards B2B/IOT space in SA BSS, our unit has been assigned responsibility to create Billing solutions in B2B/IoT area. This position is a strategic hiring from market having B2B/IoT proven track record and software architecture expertise.
- Understand and optimize software architecture and technology for our customers’ business needs as well as for internal efficiency and quality
- Develop strategy and tactical plan how product software shall evolve to meet future need, overcoming limitations, meeting new and extended business needs.
- Take technical lead in implementing solution wide functionality across components, working closely with development and verification teams
- Develop innovative concepts to improve SW architecture and quality
- Explore new technologies, responsible for Technology stack (including 3PPs, both opensource and otherwise)
To be successful in the role you must have
- Excellence in Software Design, Architecture principles and SDLC
- Telecom development background specifically Charging System / Billing System with specialist domain knowledge.
- Hands on Experience in Java Technologies (Java, J2EE and OSGi) Good command on Algorithms and data structures, OOAD, state machines Client-server systems, distributed systems
- Solid experience into Multithreaded programming, socket, signaling and messaging. Experience in a software design modeling tool
- Experience and knowledge of Software architectures, Software life cycle, test specifications.
- Working experience in Application deployment modes be it classic deployment or CLOUD deployment on multi-site kind of set-up;
- Development experience using DOCKER / Containers (eg Apache Karaf)
- Experience in resolving, evaluating, and defining the technology stack/3PPs for a software product.
- Demonstrable experience in managing non-functional aspects not limited to
- Performed High Availability Geo-Redundancy Security / AAA Logging frame-works Alarms management
- Outstanding understanding of key software industry technology and architecture realizations and trends (currently for example source code handling, CI/CD, cloud technologies, software patterns and principles, distributed systems, Open Source, 3rd Part Software etc.)
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.