Supply Quality Inspector- 2nd Shift
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Our Exciting Opportunity:
The Supply Chain Management team is looking for a Supply Quality Inspector (SQI) to work in operations. The SQI is responsible for the inspection plan and strategy identification and execution in SAP-QM. Under the mentorship of the Supply Quality Engineer (SQE) team the SQI will perform material transactions, detailed measurements, initiate supplier quality claims, and record inspection results in SAP-QM. The SQI will ensure that all inbound material conforms to all regulatory and quality specifications, monitor production material, test bulk components, performs root cause analysis, and complete other duties as the need arises.
• Review regulatory program and ensures quality requirements are adhered to and met
• Participate with partners to develop potential preventive or corrective actions
• Use statistical methods and quality tools to continuously improve process capability
• Conduct incoming raw material and returning material audits to determine compliance with quality management system standards and customer requirements
• Analyze data to provide material review dispositions for nonconforming materials and parts
• Provide Quality support and mentorship to warehouse operations
• Have sufficient familiarity with warehouse operations to work with multi-function teams and conduct detailed inspections of each work station in the warehouse
• Ensure operators have the vital training/competence to perform the tasks they are working
• Verify operators understand their process and can locate, explain and demonstrate use of applicable documentation
• Conduct 6S inspections and audits focusing on high risk or problematic areas
• Follow the incoming inspection process to inspect all purchased material
To be successful in the role, you must have:
• Associates Degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
• 1-3 years of proven experience in logistics and production including supply and global logistics
• Solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and conformance verification techniques
• The ability to work independently and 2nd shift role
• Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Knowledge of SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Forklift certification a plus
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and meaningful driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Reports to Head of Operational Efficiency
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || Supply&Log