Hiring Manager: Muhammad Helmi Hussain
Functional Area : Service Delivery
Location: Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 10%
Open to External Referrals: Yes
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
We are now looking for Product Support Engineer.
As a product support engineer, you will support operation team to handle the overall technical issue of the products, product development (failure analysis improvement), to prepare operation guideline and to build the competence of the operation team. You will support the TPI/NPI project, System Integration studies and preparation before release to operation team for implementation.
You will need to ensure the operation team follow the proper process and operation method adhere to ESD regulations and company’s Standard
- To prepare the operation guideline and provide technical and product knowledge training to build the competence of the Operation team included debug Engineer/Executive and operation technician.
- To support on the critical product issue raised by operation Team
- To provide improvement and innovation plan or activity as per targeted.
- To prepare a cost reduction plan or activity with operation team.
- To execute failure analysis on product and submit FA report for improvement.
- The main contact window for technical product team for any technical related issue in terms of any kind of product analysis, evaluation as per request.
- Responsible to ensure the new or termination of additional process, product quality investigation
- To support TPI and NPI projects in term of product technical related issue, process validation, system setup
- To support NPI in term of products technical knowledge, normal repair flow, operation process, tools study validation and material/mechanical part study validation. Also support on the documentation preparation
- Responsible to provide feedback to respective personal in order to improve on product & process quality. Work together with operation Team, product technical & design team for improvement on product repaired.
- To support and assist design team in design investigation to improve the quality of the product
- To review together with operation team to develop, execute and innovate the operation processes. Monitor the operation flow and ensure instruction and regulations followed & applied
- To prepare and updating the product related documentation (E.g. Product Matrix & etc.)
- To continue support any system updates for Operation team
- To support any ad-hoc issue assigned by Manager.
- Possess a minimum of Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferable with minimum three-year working experience in operation of electronics printed circuit board assemblies.
- Possess a good knowledge in Digital communication or Radio Frequency communication(GSM/WCDMA ,4g and 5g )
- Able to read schematics and read the component analogy
- Have a basic knowledge of programming such Visual Basic or MATLAB
- Have a proficiency on Microsoft Excel and Access
- Data analytic skills
- Able to communicate and understanding in English in any business situation
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union.