The Unified Data Management (UDM) is a real time telecommunication system that facilitates subscription handling and Policy handling within any access technologies. UDM implements the 3GPP HSS, PCRF, providing capability of managing subscriptions in Circuit Switch (CS), Packet Switch (PS), IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), LTE/Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and WLAN networks domains.
UDM solution is Ericsson's commercial offering for managing user data in layered architecture. The UDM product area includes a lot of different nodes on different platforms.
The PDU UDM & Policy GS(Global Support) organization in Shanghai is looking for skilled engineers that are interested in working with global customer support and system integration for the UDM product area.
We are seeking people with a genuine interest in providing high quality technical support for our global customers. You need to be service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind. Having the right soft skills is also extremely important when working in the GS organization since you will have many different stakeholders to cooperate with.
As an UDM & Policy Support and Integration engineer your main responsibilities are:
- Handle and drive CSR’s (Customer Service Requests) from global customers.
- Perform troubleshooting in real customer network and lab.
- Take part in on-site installation, configuration and testing activities.
- Be on-call for emergency support handling.
- Verify emergency corrections in lab before they are released to customer.
- Participate in early product deployment projects such as FOA and DVA.
- Have daily dialog and discussions with our interfaces in the Region organization (CNS, GSC) and the PDU’s.
- The work requires that you are self-driven and service minded since the quality of our work has a direct impact on the customer satisfaction and perception of Ericsson as a professional company.
- Preferably you have a Master of Science / Bachelor degree or equivalent in any of the following: Computer Science, Telecommunication, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering
- You need to have some previous experience and competence in the UDC/HLR/HSS/PCRF domain. The UDM Nodes we work with reside on different platforms, including AXE, EBS, TSP and BSP. So it is an advantage if you have competence in those areas. The experience with AXE based HLR and BSP is preferable.
- Soft skills that we value are the ability to work in a team, take initiatives and communicate with others. You also need to be self confident and have a high level of accountability.
- We handle customers all over the world and it is also expected of you that you should be able to travel from time to time.
- Since you will have a lot of interfaces with the Regions and PDU’s it is very important that you have strong English skills both written and orally.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Shanghai || R&D
Req ID: 391786