3rd Line Security Operations Engineer
Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with best-in-class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry, working with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others.
You will collaborate with the Head of Infrastructure Operations and will develop positive relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team and other technical support teams.
The post holder will provide direction for a team of 2nd line technical people in our Global Service Centre, drawing on their knowledge and working with them to achieve your goals.
The remit for this role includes responsibility for maintaining, evaluating and testing the security compliance of our systems. In addition assisting with the protection of digital assets for our customers and the maintenance and expansion of the security architecture will be a major focus of the role
You may be required to participate in out-of-hour’s support work from time to time.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Operational ownership & responsibility for the IT Security products, services, solutions & platforms (AV, Nessus, Logging, IDS/IPS) ensuring Lifecycle Management is completed.
- Ensure alignment to cyber security policy for new & existing systems, establish and supervise compliance with information security policies
- Responsible for the operational security posture of the global infrastructure estate
- Work with customer IT and business teams to plan capacity addition requirements and dynamically improve stability of SSO service.
- Work with the Cyber Security and Infrastructure delivery teams on new Security initiatives, provide security mentorship, develop a WoW with new security platforms & accept into Operations
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- A solid grasp of security and compliance standards including ISO27. Technical knowledge in two or more areas: network/cloud security, av/malware detection & analysis, threat intelligence, cryptography, vulnerability management, incident response and hacking techniques.
- Operational experience with security controls & threat detection, performing root cause analysis, driving remediation and implementing continuous improvement process opportunities.
- Experience in reporting to management regarding; security threat remediation and compliance of patch management, AV/Malware & IPS/IDS systems across the infrastructure. Experience with active monitoring, providing feedback about security trends and risks as they relate to business systems, policies, processes, and infrastructure.
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Security accreditations: SSCP or other certification (MCSE, CCNA, CCSA, CEH, CISM).
Can you demonstrate experience in the above? We offer a fast paced and engaging environment as well as a wonderful opportunity to be part of a committed, professional Security Operations Team who strive to deliver the best solutions for customers as well as the business!
We can also offer the possibility of flexible working and a competitive salary/package. Come and join outstanding, hardworking team and be part of the next IT revolution!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Security Operations Job Stage 7
Recruiter: Chris Small