Business Area Networks: where 5G was born! We’re a global team of approx. 30,000 in 93 countries, with 126 nationalities represented. About half of us work in R&D, approx. 6,000 in Group Supply and 5,000 in Service Area Networks. Together we create future-proof, scalable network architectures in an industry that is constantly on the move. Our approach is simple: we build solutions that empower our customers to meet tomorrow’s demands. 5G is happening now, with the first commercial launches implemented today.
The Algorithm 8 is one of several units, responsible for development of new radio common Module units, a part of Ericsson's 2G to 5G base stations. The unit's main focus area is on developing firmware for algorithm control and functions in MCUs (Micro Controllers), internally called Device Processors (DP). The team is a highly skilled team with very good knowledge in both our own parts of the radio as well as the overall Radio Unit (RU) products.
The Algorithm 8 Unit is involved in several areas like RF linearization; CA/TA studies, pre-development, product development and advanced TR handling.
The unit is responsible for the DP Firmware (written in C) implementations in our radio products and a tool called Digital Radio Tool. We are in charge of the TrxCtrl block in RU SW for the DPD (linearization) supervision and control. The job ranges from systemization of the different digital radio functions to coding and verification of the DP system including hands-on work in the lab and TR investigations.
We are now looking for a new colleague to strengthen the team, mainly in the DP FW area.
- You have a Master’s Degree or similar competence in Electrical engineering, Engineering in physics (highly preferred) or Computer Science.
- Experience in SW Design and architecture, SW testing and Programming skills (mainly C/C++).
- Excellent or good experience from HW near Firmware (SW).
- Key competence is combined knowledge in both HW and Firmware/SW domain.
- SW version handling with Git or Clear Case.
- You are passionate about delivering results, self-motivated and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are proficient in English and a good level in Swedish is preferable.
Skills considered as merit are:
- Document and report writing.
- Scrum and Kanban methodology.
- Experience from the areas; signal processing, telecommunication and radio technology.
- Knowledge in the area of radio system requirements for the standards GSM, WCDMA, LTE etc.
- Radio HW design.
- Good knowledge in using Matlab.
- Experience in designing radio signal processing blocks, e.g. digital filters, crest-factor reduction or linearization.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Please send in your application in English as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
In case of questions. please contact the recruiter Dorota Baran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 387235