Work rights: Local employment contract
Travel required: Yes
Application close: May 30, 2020
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Ericsson Philippines enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. Our company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is crafted to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and build new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are leading innovation in our industry. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers and 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include crafting technology which makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
We give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We build technology which helps others, from enjoying their favourite content, to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, crafting new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find at Ericsson we are at our best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical subject areas. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly sophisticated. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology which makes life simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to tackle some of society´s most complicated challenges. Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfil their potential and build a more balanced future.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be a specialist or a leader or both. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for a Network Program Director, who will be responsible for the Network contract fulfillment and profitability, ensuring that all products and/or services are delivered according to contractual obligations and requirements for the customer.
The Network Program Director acts as Ericsson’s counterpart of the Customer’s C-level to ensure customer satisfaction and serve as the escalation point for all service delivery activities towards the customer (internally and externally).
- You will be responsible for scope management including but not limited to; planning, delivery and customer acceptance, as well as identifying and driving business lead generation opportunities through add on sales
- Manage programs on behalf of the customer with the service Deployment Program Management Handle customer and partner engagement: manage customer relationship building confidence and trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings and customer events
- Responsible for defining the Network contract execution strategy and associated risk exposure for a specific opportunity
- Responsible for the Program execution strategy and associated risk exposure
- Main interface and escalation point for all service delivery activities towards the customer (internally and externally) either on FAS or Program level
- University degree in telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering or other related major. Master’s degree will be additional advantage
- Min 8-10 years of experience: in telecommunication/IT industry
- Domain experience: Radio Access Network, Fiber, Transport/IP Networks
- Financial Acumen & Analysis Skills
- Business Understanding
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Customer and Market Insight
- Negotiation, Persuading & influencing Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)
- Leading & supervising
- Planning & organizing
- Proficiency with the English Language
- PMI certifications - The CPM is expected to be certified on the job stage that she/he holds
- Project sales process
- Contract management
- 3rd pp suppliers management experience
What happens next when you apply?
Submit your application online. Did you know, Our Ericsson Philippines application and selection process offers full cycle online recruiting. That's right, we can connect with you over the phone, via video interview and if you are offered a role - support you to join our team flexibility, via our virtual onboarding program.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Philippines has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.