Location: NCR, Taguig
Work rights: Local employment contract
Travel required: Yes
Application close: May 30, 2020
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to tackle some of society´s most complicated challenges. Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfil their potential and build a more balanced future.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be a specialist or a leader or both. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for an Engineering Lead, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- On site Engineering
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Education: Bachellor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum years of experience: 5 to 7 years of experience on relevant field
- Domain experience: Radio Access Network on site Engineering
- Ericsson product and site solution knowledge
- Leadership experience
- Experience from technical job roles is required, e.g. experience from work as an Integration Engineer or Software Developer
- A Solution Architect candidate is assessed according to the following tracks:
- Domain, E2E, Network Optimization/Network Design, Fiber Network Design and Site Energy Design.
What happens next when you apply?
Submit your application online. Did you know, Our Ericsson Philippines application and selection process offers full cycle online recruiting. That's right, we can connect with you over the phone, via video interview and if you are offered a role - support you to join our team flexibility, via our virtual onboarding program.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Philippines has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.