Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, balanced and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, crafting intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly sophisticated, we are on a quest for easy. We are crafting groundbreaking technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value.
The impact of your role at Ericsson
The 1st level Broadcast Operations engineer will offer 1st level support for OTT and DTV services in multiple countries using specific tools (ticketing and infrastructure monitoring) and processes (incident management, problem management and event management).
You will also:
- Monitoring of the IT Infrastructure and Video Services;
- Follow internal incident, change and release management processes in USMS;
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert;
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Build and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS);
- Crafting Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged;
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow-up duties, and taking ownership for e2e resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with 2nd and 3rd line teams;
- Guide in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed;
- Enforce to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global critical metrics relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
- Bachelor technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or supports;
- 3-5 of experience in a Service Desk role with comparable technical and soft skills;
- Broad and deep knowledge of Service Desk operations (Remedy, USMS);
- Previous experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Spectrum, Grafana, Kibana);
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification (it’s a plus);
- Willing to work in shifts;
- Language skills – proficient in English (verbal & written);
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure (e.g. Unix, DB, Networking) and Video technical components (e.g. Linear Broadcasting, Streaming media, Video Headbands) (it’s an advantage);
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change;
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills;
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven;
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work optimally at all levels in an organization.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
- In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to present them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: MS Automated Operations Engineer Job Stage 02