5G networks are evolving rapidly and the need for new and different radio products are increasing. With Active Antenna Systems, ORAN (Operator Defined Next Generation RAN Architecture and Interfaces) and centralized & virtualized RAN, more features and functionality are moved to the Radio products. Technology leadership in the feature and functionality domain is key for our business. The possibilities are endless and we need to strengthen our functional systemization team with a highly skilled specialist in the functional area.
In PDU Radio, System and Technology the Radio Product Visions and world leading products are born, the future technology is foreseen, and the best performing features and functionality are developed. All creating the Radio Product portfolio that secures Ericsson technology leadership.
Do you want to:
- Create the future for Ericsson’s Radio Product Portfolio?
- Work visionary and strategically?
The market is moving very fast and the right choices must be made. Which features and functions gives performance gains worth the increased cost? Which Serviceability beat competition on the market? Which energy performance secures our products are being the best green alternative?
- Work with the latest technical challenges?
The radio product portfolio needs to grow rapidly to support the increased demand in 5G networks, extremely small and cheap sites, high capacity sites, industry sites, de-centralized as well as centralized networks and a wish from operators to optimize our products from third-party systems.
We need to develop the features and functions that can handle such a diverse product portfolio in an optimal way. Efficient and smart functions for configuration, operation and maintenance and communication with units outside the radio like the digital unit and the antenna system are needed.
- Ensure world leading performance?
Technology is constantly emerging and optimal usage of the most advanced ASICs, Product Amplifiers or Radio Product Algorithms need to be secured. Control and compensation algorithms as well as supervision, report and protection functions are very important.
- Work with the most experienced and motivated radio engineers in the world?
Constantly developing your competence together with highly competent and motivated colleagues.
- Focus on leadership?
Have a central role, drive technology and work towards many other parts of Ericsson both within the PDU and outside like Product line, market units and other PDUs, especially Network System and Verification, Baseband, Compute and Digital silicon.
Then this is the perfect job for you!
About PDU Radio
Product Development Unit Radio (PDU Radio) drives the end-to-end research and development of Ericsson’s radio products and solutions. We are a global organization, within Development Unit Networks (DNEW), of approximately 3,000 engineers that drives Ericsson’s strategy to secure market leadership in radio and take a leadership position in 5G.
About Radio Systems & Technology
Radio Systems & Technology drives radio product and technology evolution, high level systemization, architecture definition, standardization, mid- and long-term development plans, and long-term product plans (products and features) for PDU Radio.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics / Data communication, or equivalent.
- Excellent English language skills
- Strong product development background in wireless communications
- Long experience (> 5 years) from system development and interest in understanding how all fits together to ensure the overall solution. Ability to break down complex problems and ideas to straightforward solutions.
- Deep knowledge (>5 years) of Radio access technologies (WCDMA, LTE, NR).
- Products development knowledge, with focus on Radio products.
- Strong Radio Product Feature and Functional knowledge
- Domain experience from embedded systems and embedded software
- Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details.
- Self-motivated, with drive and initiative
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leadership interest and skills
- Outgoing and easy to cooperate
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and oral
Recruiter: Kamila Zych
Please submit your application documents in English by May 30th, 2020.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || ProdMgt
Req ID: 382383