Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, balanced and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, crafting intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are crafting groundbreaking technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to gather the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for an IT Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customer. This is an installation and incident management role where the primary responsibility is to handle installations and incidents raised for in production client equipment and tracking and recording all information regarding active orders as per the documented processes..
The IT Engineer is responsible for supporting the installation process and tracking and resolving all assigned incidents through effective decision making and problem-solving skills. Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring clear and concise communication with the customer regarding their order deliveries.
You will also:
- Get along with ISP’s to ensure that they are equipped to install the order and provide vital information to assist them with installing the equipment.
- Manage all incidents raised through the ticketing tool or on customer request.
- Help onsite engineers to check and resolve issues with the equipment, take cautious decision to ensure that the down time is as short as possible.
- Connect with ISP’s across the globe regarding the delivery of the orders.
- Supervise delivery of the ordered equipment until delivered to installation data center.
- Supervise and respond quickly and effectively to emails, calls or group messages received from the customer, 3rd party vendors or ISP’s.
- Ensure that the escalations are routed to the accurate responsible party without any delays
- Co-ordinate with team members in identifying new solutions for existing and unresolved issues
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed):
- At least 2 years of exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, supervising systems (Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in incident management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills;
- Proficient in French language;
- Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represent an advantage);
- Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
- Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements;
- Good understanding of servers, switches, and network setup in DC;
- Working experience on Windows platform and Microsoft suite .
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
Contract type: full time;
25 vacation days/year;
Medical & life insurance;
Career plan mentoring;
Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy,
YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
& more other benefits that we are looking forward to communicating them to you, once you applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.