In February 2019, Group Function Legal Affairs & Compliance (GFLA) established a Legal Strategy and Operations unit to drive the evolution of GFLA’s operating model and co-ordinate the execution of change, targeting improved impact and efficiency. Our unit’s purpose is to maximize GFLA core work in service delivery to contribute to Ericsson’s sustainable business by simplifying ways of working, challenging established thinking, and executing specific improvement projects within our core responsibilities, together with other GFLA units. Our core responsibilities include service delivery strategy & optimization, external legal service provider management, knowledge management, and technology implementation. In doing so, we align and help GFLA’s mission, vision and strategic imperatives, and assist GFLA to become the best it can be, building on, and scaling, legal service delivery throughout GFLA.
Do you have experience:
- working with pricing, legal analytics, business development, or legal process management from a mid-to-large global law firm,
- working in a multinational in-house legal operations team, or
- working in a global professional services consulting organization with legal sector coverage?
We are now seeking a Legal Strategy & Operations Counsel (Legal Service Provider Engagements), to join our Legal Strategy & Operations team, reporting directly to Head of Legal Strategy & Operations.
We are looking for someone to drive and develop GFLA’s responsibilities in engaging Ericsson’s external law firms and legal service providers, together with many of GFLA’s 230 team members, and in collaboration with other Ericsson units.
You will be the key GFLA contact for advancing our legal service provider initiatives and engagements. Together with the Head of Legal Strategy & Operations and Ericsson Sourcing, you will drive GFLA’s panel management and law firm/service provider relationship strategy.
- Build, lead and transform GFLA’s responsibilities in strategy and execution of law firm/legal service provider management and optimization.
- Design, drive and promote creative and innovative pricing alternatives for legal service providers.
- Collaborate with GFLA team members at all levels, and across functions including Sourcing and Finance to achieve results.
- Drive or coordinate competitive negotiations of engagement terms with providers to ensure consistent interactions in dealing with Ericsson.
- Analyze market trends and legal spend data to identify opportunities to optimize engagement practices with providers.
- Assist Ericsson professionals in resolving any billing issues or process improvements.
- Maintain and update Ericsson legal service provider engagement terms and guidelines, and administer, advise, and train others on them.
- Develop and deliver strategic KPI/OKR reporting, contribute to financial and budget management for law firms, forecasting and accruals.
- Support related Legal Strategy & Operations projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferred areas of study include Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Analytics, and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required, preferably working within (a) a mid-to-large global law firm, with experience in areas including pricing, legal analytics, business development, or legal process management, (b) a multinational in house legal operations team, or (c) a global professional services consulting organization with legal sector coverage.
- Practical knowledge of engaging external legal services and common legal matter progression (e.g., course of litigation, basic procedure in the US, UK or other jurisdictions, basic corporate or financial transactions).
- Experience in designing, negotiating and evaluating both traditional and innovative law firm fee arrangements or pricing methodologies.
- Ability to lead and influence people across cultures at all levels, including most senior, using sound judgment, successful execution of strategies, and an understanding of how to operate effectively across diverse businesses.
In case of any additional questions please reach out to the Recruiter - Lukasz Rokitowski: email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 378074