Date: Mar 27, 2020
Country Unit : Philippines
Location : Across the Philippines
Work rights : Local mobility
Travel Required : Yes
Application Close : April 30, 2020
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Required to lead a two to four man team for planning & carrying out Installation of cell site Radios, Antenna Systems, Microwave and indoor equipment’s including power & Transmission nodes.
- Required to lead the Site survey team for cell site engineering survey, preparation of Site documentation / Survey reports preparations.
- Required to carry out the Commissioning, Functionality testing of the Telecom nodes & the Integration to get the Site Operations / On Air with No Alarms.
- Required to handle the site Alarm troubleshooting & rectification, AS build documentation, Workmanship Quality, Compliance to Health & Safety guidelines, Acceptance testing & Handover with the customer.
- Must have held a previous background within communication / telecommunications as Team Lead / Site Supervisor with rigger experience and be familiar with climbing.
- Should hold legal driving license. Also have relevant climbing, health and safety certificates. – Working at heights and ability to climb and work safely.
- Should have Technical Engineering background with relevant experience of 8-10 years.
- Medically & Physically fit to work at sites as well as work at heights.
- Should have good communication skills, ability to lead / manage small teams, innovative, flexible and proactive to accomplish the assigned / planned task. Also, has the ability to work independently.
Plan installation & commissioning activities
- Site location
- Site documentation
- Tools, & equipment
- Transportation & access
- Stakeholder Management (NIC, 3rd parties)
Secure work area
- Visual safety inspections
- Risk assessment
- Protect site from unauthorized access (i.e. Segregation btw traffic /pedestrian & work area)
- Safe work area and drop zones for lifting operations in place
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available
- Storage for installation material in place
- Tools & equipment available
- Site documentation available
Secure installation & commissioning setup:
- Install and align equipment in accordance to installation documentation and instructions
- Equipment delivery & transport damages completed
- Equipment powered-up
- Equipment tested (Functionality Test, Antenna System test, MW link LOS etc)
- Equipment Test Documentation compiled
- Red mark installation drawing for input to As Built documentation
Perform onsite integration;
- Integration equipment connected
- Integration activities executed (tests & alarms)
- Secure off-site integration services with Network Integration Centre (NIC)
- Integration Report Documentation compiled
Conclude installation & commissioning activities;
- Clean site
- Waste disposal
- Return excess material
- Report commissioning completed
Enforce quality and OHS assurance
- Secure environmental, health and safety
- Ensure employees are familiar with hazards in the workplace.
- Visual inspection on ongoing and completed work.
- Monitor safety performance of all onsite activities.
- Ensure equipment is adequately maintained and suitable for the tasks undertaken.
- Inspect, report and replace damaged goods. Act on missing material and claims.
- Secure local laws and regulations are followed.
- Ensure that quality and safety breaches are reported, recorded, investigated and appropriate corrective actions taken
- Stop work immediately where person’s life is at stake.
Lead and delegate site work
- Secure work area is prepared, activities planned and scheduling of work task and workforce in place.
- Call-off and coordinate of material and personnel.
- Collect necessary documentation and instruction for work team and report on deviation in documentation.
- Supervise work teams and report on work progress.
Handling the Team staff
- Handling and managing team members to complete the job as planned.
Handle workmanship quality
Perform field survey
- Plan on-site survey
- Survey tools/software and devices
- Design drawings and map
- Perform on-site data collection
- Perform on-site design validation and provide report
Create drawings & specification
- Support design tool set-up.
- Define detailed design and engineering’s rules & principles for
- a production of installation documents
- documentation for implementation
- Working with less complex products
- Produce design drawings and complete documentation for design and As-Built design
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Philippines (PH) || || Taguig || Supply&Log
Job details: Field Services