The Radio ASIC Systemizaiton Design unit belongs to PDU Radio's Common Radio Module section, it has the systemization responsibility in terms of radio requirement management for radio ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits), FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array). The radio System-on-Chip (SoC) and ASIC systemization is the heart of the Ericsson radio units, which are part of Ericsson’s 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G base stations. The focus area of the organization unit is the systemization of radio features and radio functionalities which are to be implemented on System-on-Chips.
The radio functionalities will be implemented into the architectural functions, the interfaces on control plane and user plane of the radio signal in downlink and uplink, as well as control functions in CPU (Central Processor Unit) sub systems and other sub systems such as DSP (Digital Signal Processing), memory, ROM (Read-Only-Memory) Boot and Security.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Drive systemization of radio unit’s functionalities, features, interfaces, configuration capabilities and subsystems. which are to be implemented in ASIC/FPGAs function blocks
- Participate or drive technical analysis studies and pre-development in the SoC systemization areas
- Creating for radio ASICs and FPGAs design and implementation the necessary requirements into requirement specifications
- Support to design team during development, verification, and validation of the design
- Continuously improve and optimize ways of working
- Master of Science, Ph.D., Post Doc or similar degrees in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Computer Science
- Proficiency within the field of signal processing, telecommunication systems and radio technology
- Systemization knowledge of combined hardware, firmware, middleware and software domains
- Radio systemization experience in requirement setting for GSM, WCDMA, LTE and NR
- Experiences on systemization of radio DPD (Digital Pre-Distortion), PIMC (Passive Inter-Modulation Cancellation), DAC/ADC (Digital-Analog Converter/Analog-Digital Converter) and ORAN (Open Radio Access Network) are preferred
- Knowledge in embedded systems, system-on-chip, ASIC, FPGA
- Advanced proficiency level of English language is mandatory, language knowledge in Swedish or Chinese is beneficial
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 373546