At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for an automation engineer who will contribute to the creation of customer solutions. As a Senior automation engineer, you will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle; working towards accurately engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements!
Ensure that the delivered software components provide the vital functionality and perform in accordance to the overall requirements as well as to the customer’s expectations.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for development and Supply Life Cycle Management of all automations assigned, as enumerated below:
- Automation definition in this context includes support for deployed tools, all change requests to applications developed by the Automation Team as well as fixing application errors (bugs) in such applications.
- For a new automation application, ownership of the solution from the Requirements Analysis Stage through Commitment, Development, Deployment, Operational and Withdrawal Stages.
- Ownership of timely updates to all the affected partners regarding any new factors affecting any Automation application crafted or deployed or both.
- Ownership of creation and regular maintenance of the required documentation in respect of the owned Automation applications, at all stages of the automation life-cycle, in accordance with the guidelines.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Good understanding of Groovy, Android, Java, Python, Perl and SQL/DB.
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Experience on JIRA, Jenkin , GIT , Ansible, DevOps life cycle would be Add-on
- Experience in software development activity.
- Should have an analytical mind, follow processes and work independently with minimal assistance.
- Relevant experience in technical trouble shooting, coding and updating existing code.
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar.
Minimum years of relevant Experience: 5 years of proven experience.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.