As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Great Opportunity
The Dev-Ops Engineer will work with Software Development and Product Management teams to integrate, build, and deploy various components as part of the product roadmap and evolution. Perform system administration tasks, preventive maintenance, task automation, and development/expansion of the monitoring tools. Work with project teams when on-boarding new customers (or projects) fulfilling tasks: features configuration, integration of customized or third-party software!
- Positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on partnership and flexibility!
- Handling the Operational support, troubleshooting, incident, and root cause analysis;
- Analyze, implement and integrate new components/technologies;
- Work closely together with development teams giving to product evolution;
- Design and build the needed infrastructure;
- Automate the deployment and testing flows;
- Build monitoring solutions by using both standard products and developing custom probes/dashboards;
- Agree with other teams in order to assess new opportunities and participate in requirements collecting;
- Improve the solution analysis and optimization, effort estimation for the requests;
- Improve the propose solutions for customer needs and operational optimizations;
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes;
- Work to identify and drive improvements
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Networking: understanding of TCP/UDP protocols; DNS, NTP;
- Operating systems: Any Linux distribution;
- Containerization technology: Docker;
- Experience with at least one container-orchestration system based on docker (Kubernetes, Mesos/marathon)
- Database server administration: SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (Mongo dB, Cassandra)
- Scripting: Bash, Python
- Web services: Apache, NGINX, HAProxy, Varnish
- Good understanding of the HTTP/HTTPS protocols;
- Automation tools: Jenkins, Ansible
- Cloud Solutions (at least 1year experience with one of the below): AWS (EC2, lambda functions, Route53, S3); Azure (Virtual machines, Application Gateways, Storage accounts)
- Fixing tools: ELK stack administration (at least 1 year of experience);
- Excellent communication and people skills, attention to detail;
Will represent a plus
- Operating systems: CoreOS, Windows server
- Fixing tools: Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Collectd, Kairosdb
- Infrastructure as Code: CloudFormation, Terraform
- Stream-processing or message-broker solutions: Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of confident decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where appreciation and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to define an impact is endless.
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year;
- WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Gym subscription;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillset, Plural sight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request the accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Job details: Technical Authority Expert Job Stage 05