Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt, and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
This role is for a Dev-Ops Engineer that will operate, maintain, and configure the IT systems providing Connected Vehicle Cloud Services for an Automotive Manufacturer.
A Dev-Ops Engineer must have a good level of understanding and experience of Linux servers & environments, networking, and databases. He needs to understand how to use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information and in-depth investigation before escalating to other teams or relevant partners.
You will also:
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
• Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-organization.
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Your effort is important for the company as you will need to deliver product not just according to users, but the product that helps make our company vision reality.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (Adjust based on your necessity)
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats,handling bugs, etc.)
• Overall understanding of technologies used in the product such as:
- Docker containers and container runtime environments – e.g. Kubernetes
- Terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- CI/CD Solutions (Jenkins, GoCD, similar)
- Cloud Deployment and Operation
- In order to be involved in our Purple Team setup:
• Experience with tools for SW Development (Design and Testing)
• Version control (Git/Gerrit)
• Monitoring tools (like Prometheus & Grafana)
• The ability to understand the concept of public and private cloud, regardless of the software or hardware solutions used.
• Gathers and analyses information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
• To demonstrate a broad understanding of the systems context and environment and to be able to adapt to changing technologies.
• Takes responsibility for the timely completion of tasks.
• Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various individuals and groups.
• Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identifies the issues at hand.
• The ability to identify fast partial solutions to ambiguous problems.
• Knowledge of ITIL and SAFe methodologies (Certification is a plus)
• Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (Adjust based on your necessity)
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
• The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.