Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt, and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
This role is for a Dev-Ops Engineer that will operate, maintain, and configure the IT systems providing Connected Vehicle Cloud Services for an Automotive Manufacturer.
A Dev-Ops Engineer must have a good level of understanding and experience of Linux servers & environments, networking, and databases. He needs to understand how to use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information and in-depth investigation before escalating to other teams or relevant partners.
You will also:
- The main responsibility is to ensure, from a product (or group of products) perspective and an end to end perspective, the best cost-effective design, the adequate technology evolution and ensure the consistency of the application and tools used, also focusing on minimizing the need for big improvement during its lifecycle.
- From a performance perspective, this Job role should ensure that the application is performing adequately, from a product (or group of products) perspective and an end to end perspective, that enough capacity is available to meet the business requirements and growth projections of the customer.
- Application development & 3rd Level Support should be understood as the counterpart of the Planning & Engineering service function for one specific domain of IT Application, with the addition of the support given to the Operations Assurance functions when it comes to 3rd level support for the same applications.
- 3rd Level Application Support:
- provide Incident Resolution within agreed Service Level Agreement
- provide workaround Analysis and Proposal
- support on Root Cause Analysis
- Develop Software Application Changes
- Responsible for the development (coding) of the new or enhanced applications based on the requirement specifications
- Deployment Execution:
- Ensures Software Release Package Integrity
- Validates execution steps
- Responsible for Changes executed on Production environments for IT Software Applications
- performed ensuring the First Time Right KPI as defined at Service Delivery Unit level via Change Management Process
- Capacity and Performance activities
- Responsible for Capacity trend analysis for owned Application and Infrastructure;
- Generates Optimization recommendations based on analysis and received forecast
- Efficiency improvement management
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in software applications delivery
- Offer consultancy, expertise, and relevant documentation related to owned Software Applications provided to internal and external customers.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Academic degree, minimum on Bachelor level or at least 2 years relevant professional experience in an IT environment (in a relevant field such as software programming, applications administration, and software deployment)
• Expertise in Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle WEB Logic, JSON, Rest, Web Services, SOAP, LDAP
• Working with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform or Salt
• Applying Databases Procedural Languages: Oracle – PL/SQL and MYSQL
• Creating and executing scripts in languages such as but not limited to Bash, Perl, Python
• Cloud service knowledge (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google) including but not limited to:
• Capabilities to automatically provision cloud infrastructure (e.g. Cloud Formation, Azure CLI)
• Work experience in using cloud-specific storage technologies (e.g. S3 / Storage accounts)
• Familiar with automatic deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Apcera)
• Fluent spoke and written English
Will represent a plus
• Linux, multiple distributions;
• Elk Stack
• F5 BigIP/HA Proxy
• Public cloud hosting is a plus
• Experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. e.g: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins it is a plus
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Git, Gerrit, GoCD, etc
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.