We at Ericsson Packet Core (PC) in Lindholmen are now looking for a talented design architect wanting to join our team. Our headquarters is based in Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden), but we also have offices in Shanghai and Madrid as well as strong dependencies to our operations in Budapest, Beijing and Bangalore.
You will work to lead, guide and support our experienced Test Automation Framework teams in our organization, while interfacing with our stakeholders and guarding/maintaining a stable framework structure and strategy.
Our test automation framework teams consist of a diverse group of developers with a broad understanding of our test environment and strategy. The teams are responsible for the development, maintenance and support of a Java based test framework used for testing of packet core products. JCAT (Java Common Auto Tester) is an Ericsson developed Test Automation Framework. We work according to Agile principles with a close collaboration with our Operational Product Owner.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Together with the teams, you are responsible for the test framework environment used to verify the quality of our products, as well as supporting tools and applications.
Within this area you:
- Drive, maintain and communicate an architectural vision for the test framework
- Propose and drive quality improvements for both framework and associated processes
- Identify weaknesses and assess release-ability
- Identify needs for refactoring
- Ensure architectural aspects in feature analysis and realization
- Participate and guide the teams working with development, troubleshooting and support.
- Cooperate closely with OPOs and stakeholders, giving input to decisions and prioritization
- Identify opportunities and support innovation initiatives
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling.
The role is not primarily as a developer/coder, however where needed you should be able to participate in the development, test, and code review of new features, modifications and bug fixes.
What we are looking for:
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems
- You love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing your knowledge
- You are a good communicator who finds it easy to formulate and illustrate your visions
- You enjoy collaboration with others and are yourself a team player
- You have experience with scrum or similar methodologies, and you understand the importance of such a framework for the product, and the customer.
- You drive events that contribute to the development of the product and the growth of the teams
- You value sharing your knowledge and don't hesitate to ask when you need to learn about something.
- You can “pick up” applications that are new to you in order to contribute and go “the extra mile” when needed.
- You have a service-oriented mindset.
- You thrive with solving problems, seeing them as opportunities.
- You can prioritize and make decisions whenever needed.
- 5 or more years’ experience of software development, preferably in a lead or strategic position
- Proficiency in both Java and Python
- Experience with programming Bash
- A command of Linux, working with high performance Linux applications
- Networking and IP knowledge/experience
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Good communication skills, individual and group level
What makes you stand out:
- Previous experience in the role of software architect
- Experience with test frameworks/tools
- Development and or test experience in the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge on containers, docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, micro services
- Experience with Git
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- 5 years professional experience as a Software Developer or tester
- MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team?
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
Please send us your application as soon as possible as selection is ongoing
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT; R&D
Req ID: 371124