Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
This role is for a Dev-Ops Engineer that will operate, maintain, and configure the IT systems providing Connected Vehicle Cloud Services for an Automotive Manufacturer.
A Dev-Ops Engineer must have a good level of understanding and experience of Linux servers & environments, networking, and databases. He needs to understand how to use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information and in-depth investigation before escalating to other teams or relevant partners.
You will also:
• Support and manage entire architecture(Linux Based) for Connected Vehicle Services.
• Performs deployments, configurations, and troubleshooting on various components.
• Provide expertise in the analysis of major incident root cause as needed
• Administrate Oracle and SQL databases.
• Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of Connected Vehicle Cloud.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Bash, Python)
• Experience with a RESTful architecture
• Relevant experience with microservices-based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Understanding of IP networking and AWS / AZURE cloud infrastructure
• Relevant experience with internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP
• Experience in supporting Cloud environments
• Experience in configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, SQL, etc.
• Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
• Fluent spoken and written English
Will represent a plus
• Delivery Platforms and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5) is a plus
• ELK stack, F5 BigIP LTM, JMS Brokers, Terraform is a plus
• Public cloud hosting is a plus
• Experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. e.g: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins it is a plus
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Git, Gerrit, GoCD, etc
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.