We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers in Cloud domain. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
Responsibilities & Tasks
You will handle Customer Support Requests (CSR) and drive customer issues to solution
Handle emergency support on a roster
Perform trouble shooting, fault reproduction and analysis
Deliver professional support towards our Customer Units and Customers
Develop competence in technical domain
Share your learnings and experiences within Ericsson proactively
Technical domain experience: Expertise such as OpenStack, Linux(Ubuntu, Redhat), RDBMS(MySQL, Postgress, Oracle), F5, Application Server(Glassfish, Tomcat, Weblogic, JBOSS), AMQP(RabbitMQ), Openvswitch, IP, Zabbix, KVM/QEMU, Python, Shell, 4G/5G will be required. Public or Private Cloud is prefferable.
Related working experiences on customer support, I&V, product development, network build or network optimize
Soft skills to work with people, drive for results and enhance customer satisfactions
Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
English and Japanese skills in both writing and speaking
Innovating, adapting and responding to change
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer issue handling via Customer Service Request
- Handling technical investigation with global support engineers
- Handling emergency recoveries upon customers requests
- Investigation reporting to the customer
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Act as investigation Leader for customer issues
- Handling both hardware and software issues
- Manage customer relationship
- Drive knowledge transfer & reuse
- Education: Bachelor´s in Telecom or IT or related
- Min years of experience: 4years
- Domain experience: LTE
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Helpful nature to others
- Change & Improvement Management Skills
- Strong aspiration to challenge new technologies like 5G, AI, Cloud Native
- Technical knowledge and experience in IT infrustructure a must
- Technical knowledge and experience in Cloud a plus
- Problem solving skills a must
- Leadership skills a must
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 368244