Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Senior Data Scientist – Product Development (Global AI Accelerator India)
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Senior Data Scientists to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our group in Bangalore and Chennai.
Do you have in depth understanding of Machine Learning and AI technologies?
Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising?
Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Engineers/Scientists pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will need to have strong programming skills and deep understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. Your knowledge and experience in Data Science methodologies will be applied to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson businesses and for strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Define the model validation strategy and business success criteria in data science terms
- Identify the right architecture and flow for the data and DS model
- Design the implementation and deployment strategy for the model into production
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical models, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with unstructured data including text and images in AI/ML models
- Work with new technologies and be the ambassador for them in MI Communities within Ericsson, nurturing the communities and mentoring junior data scientists.
- Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Present and be prominent in MI related forums and conferences, e.g., publishing patents, presenting papers, organizing sessions etc.
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
- Applied experience: 5+ years of ML and/or AI production level experience; and an overall industry experience of around 10+ years.
- Proven skills of implementing a variety of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in Security, Internet of Things is a plus
- Strong skills in the use of current machine learning frameworks such as H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, Spark ML etc.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Good with effective big data storage and retrieval strategies including indexing, partitioning, etc.
- Hands on working with data pipeline and flow
- Hands on with API design/development for AI/ML models
- Strong grounding in math and statistics.
- Proven ability of leading projects end-to-end.
- Proven experience writing production-grade software
- Extensive experience in model development and AI model life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Strong Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.