We are seeking people with a genuine interest in providing high quality technology consulting to our global customers.
You need to be service minded, interested in details, able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment and always keep the customers interest in mind.
Having the right soft skills is also extremely important since you will have many different stakeholders to cooperate with.
As an IMS and Packet Core Solution Architect, you will be responsible for analyzing the customer situation and ambitions, having a deep knowledge of the Ericsson Portfolio or 3PP products and combine these vectors into an end-to-end strategy to address customer desires, with the target to optimize Network Performance and Customer Experience. You need to be able to provide a superior services by creating outstanding business value for our customers through cost effective and innovative solutions. The Solution Architect must be equipped to manage constant change and show leadership towards Ericsson resources as well in our Customer teams.
As a Solution Architect for the Ericsson major customers, you will be focal to a number of customer network transformation activities. This responsibility entails a high level of interaction with Product Units as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams. You will plan, design and deliver solutions that improve the customer network in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user services etc. The consultant will work across the IMS and Evolved Packet Core portfolio with focus on leading into 5G Core.
* Excellent customer relation skills
* Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
* Possess a strong consultative mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
* The people skills required to work with engineers, developers and sales team
* You have an innovative and creative spirit, and are willing to take risks
* Have good experience in delivering end to end Solutions within IMS and Packet Core Domain
* Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
* High Technical competence in IMS and Packet Core nodes (main node are MTAS, SBG, CSCF, BGF, MRF, MGC, MGw, SGSN-MME, SGW/PGW-C/U, UPF, DNS)
* Interact and Provide Feedback and new Ideas to R&D
* Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
* Have strong understanding of OpenStack, Networking and Virtualization
* Virtualization Technologies (i.e. KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK, VMware, Kubernetes, Docker)
* Deep knowledge of 3GPP standards and the capability to carry this knowledge into the solution design and implementation phase.
* Signaling-Plane and User-Plane knowledge (Analysis flow based on Major Monitoring Systems outputs and Wireshark)
* TCP/QUIC knowledge
* Considerable understanding of Routing and Switching
* Deep knowledge in 4G/5G Mobile Networks and E2E and Network Optimization/Network Design
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
* Ability to travel, 25% or above.
* Strategic mind, with ability to span into tactical as needed.
* Data Analytics skills (MySQL, Excel, Tableau)
* Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
You might also have:
* Experience defining New Business Models
* Design Thinking knowledge and Rapid Prototyping experience
* Knowledge and experience building cloud infrastructure and virtualization, Network function virtualization
* 5+ years of experience in technology leadership
* Background in system Testing & Troubleshooting
* Cloud Technologies
* Worked in a Tier 1/2 Operator Engineering team
* BS degree from an accredited university
* Routing and Switching Certifications (Ericsson or Cisco) is a plus
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || SharedServ
Req ID: 365404