At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Phenomenal Opportunity
We are now looking for an Electrical Engineer (with specialism in RBS Site Solutions - Power) who will be responsible for analyzing, crafting and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers.
You will be the Ericsson Site Engineering Power Specialist - acting as the main point of contact towards the Customer, Programme, and Ericsson Product Development Unit with regards to all RBS site electrical and power solutions
- Design of Ericsson Radio Solution for implementation into customer’s cabinets and site solutions, emphasis on power solutions.
- Review, comment & assess impact of user documentation, design guidelines, installation guides. Interpretation of customer's requirements and inclusion of key points into Ericsson specific designs and guidelines.
- Support onsite with FSI (First Site Integration) / SSI (2nd Site Integration), trial and PoC of new solutions.
- Provide feedback to Ericsson PDU / R&D support development of any new solutions as required.
- Ensure compliance (including Third Party Contractor compliance) with all Health & Safety, CDM, ICNIRP, Power (18th Edition)
To be successful in the role you are
- You must have the necessary Electrical qualifications to sign off electrical designs, and for inspection and sign off of electrical installations on telecoms sites in UK.
- At least 5 years of Site Engineering / Installation Engineering / Advanced Engineering experience
- Environmental enclosure design, Enclosure installation & fitout; environmental alarms; site civils; AC/DC Power M&E works to support RBS installations
- Knowledge of Rigging; Antenna Line Systems (from BTS to antenna) including testing; Feeder Systems; RET control
- 18th Edition Trained - Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 qualification, City & Guilds 2377 – PAT Testing, City & Guilds 2392 – Inspection and Testing, City & Guilds 2396 – Electrical Design, C&G 2391-52 Inspection and Testing Course (Periodic & Initial)
- HND, Degree or relevant industry experience
- Climbing or Working at Height (Rooftop) Trained and Certified (including Medical Clearance, RF Awareness Trained, First Aid Trained)
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
Read about the next steps here. For your preparation and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.