Are you interested in developing your career as Patent Assistant/Paralegal in a global organization with highly experienced patent professionals?
Ericsson’s patent portfolio is seen as a major tool in supporting Ericsson’s commercial objectives through not only “freedom of action” for technologies and products, but also through substantial revenue generation from out-licensing. As an extremely innovative company patent portfolio generation is seen a key component and a basis for Ericsson’s IPR and licensing business.
Within the Patent Development organization there are eleven patent units globally. The Device, Service and Media (“DSM”) Unit is primarily based at Ericsson’s site in Stockholm, Sweden with special focus on identifying and developing new patents and IPR business opportunities within non-radio technical areas.
We are now looking for an experienced Patent Paralegal to assist the Patent Professionals in Stockholm, Sweden, as a part of Ericsson’s successful and important IPR & Licensing organization. The work involves performing the administrative part of patent portfolio management, i.e. filing and prosecuting patent applications in accordance with our internal policies and patent law.
The work requires good language skills, particularly in English, which is Ericsson’s corporate language. You will collaborate with inventors, outside counsels/law firms, patent engineers/attorneys, patent assistants/paralegals, and other colleagues in the global IPR & Licensing organization. You will also be able, through in-service training, to develop your skills in the patent field. There will also be opportunities to be involved in project teams, for instance working with improving our ways of working.
- You are responsible for handling and processing documents with related term dates which are an integral part of the process of patenting products and methods.
- Filing patent applications and pursuing protection for the patent applications with the patent office.
- Prepare and review Patent Finance documents.
- The job requires a well-organized person with a keen eye on details, who is flexible and service-minded, and who works well in teams as well as under his/her own initiative.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate or equivalent experience within a patent practice area, administration or similar experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a patent paralegal in industry or at a law firm
- Good English skills and Swedish language is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of patent processes, including international patent administration practice and legally required formalities
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Good English skills
- Patent process knowledge
- Local laws & regulations knowledge
- Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
Location: Kista, Sweden
For any enquires and for application details, please contact the responsible Recruiter, Suma Haregoppa Venkatagiri at email@example.com . Please note that, you need to submit the application in English, and we do not accept any applications via email.
Last day to apply is the 6th April 2020.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 364606