Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
We are now looking for highly motivated cloud professionals with background or studies in SW development, cloud data networking and edge computing. Our solutions allow our customer to unlock new digital services and make their systems smarter, simpler and future proof. At Ericsson, we make Digital transformation a reality.
Your Role as an Operational Product Owner
You are a team player and like to drive feature development. You are familiar with modern software development principles and capable of working as part of an international agile team. Through your studies and previous background in cloud software development and data networking you have a thorough understanding of cloud technologies and a genuine interest to further develop yourself.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You own and maintain the product backlog for our products/services. You take priority decisions based on business value and work closely with internal stakeholders, customers and development teams to secure that we always make the right choices and deliver according to plans, with the right scope, quality, time and cost.
- We expect you to be willing to step forward and lead, take responsibility and actively drive issues
- Drive the overall solution development and integration with a network of subcontractors and suppliers located in diverse time zones
- Contribute to a continuous improvement process and the ongoing development of a business-driven culture.
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Actively contribute in knowledge sharing and ensuring re-use within the team
- Contribute in defining and creating a go-get team culture, ways of working and environment
- Actively participate in sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Degree in computer science, data networking or related technical fields
- Years of experience in OPO, Scrum Master or Team Leader role
- Good understanding of the concepts of Lean and Agile ways of working
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to train and coach less experienced people
- Fluent in English
- Proven good track record with min 5 years of experience in cloud, data networking and software development
- Proven good track record on leading development activities
- Certifified ScrumMaster
- Passion for software development, ability drive and learn new things
- Interest towards knowledge sharing
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Solid balance of strategic thinking and ability to get things done
- Problem solving attitude and team player skills
Knowledge and experience in the following are an advantage
- CNCF, Openstack and other Open Source Communities is an advantage
- Automation and scripting
- Containers and Container Orchestration
- Cloud computing platforms, like VMware and OpenStack
- Data networking fundamentals
- Cloud Networking, HTTP(S), TCP/IP and other relevant Internet protocols
- RestConf/NetConf, REST/API or Ansible technologies
- IP Networks and basic network security
- modern software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, etc.
- Linux environment, tools, and APIs
What we offer you?
- Front-row view to leading-edge cloud technologies with hands-on experience
- Possibility to learn and develop in a truly international company
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym, tennis & football field and own cafeteria just to mention a few.
Apply now or the latest 13th April!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ProdMgt
Req ID: 364502