Ericsson Graduate program aims to build the next generation of employees in our Market Area by attracting the most competent, high performing and motivated young people in the industry.
BSS Charging Systems Engineer
Main accountabilities - you will:
As an IT Engineer, the candidate will investigate, deliver restorations and produce solutions in the BSS (Billing, Charging, Mediation) area for Ericsson customers.
The role is part of customer team and work in customer premises or remotely for the customer wherever possible. The administrator installs, configures, setup the required customer products/systems and their relative sizing and optimization.
The IT Engineer tester tests the customer systems duties (both overall and/or per individual modules/components) and identifies all anomalies respect of system specification and makes a first diagnosis of possible causes.
Integration: installation, configuration and integration of Ericsson’s OCS Charging Systems solutions (work with the customer on-site or from the back-office as a member of the implementation team)
Support: Investigate technical problems, troubleshoot systems that are in operation and if requested, participate in the remedy of systems in case of critical situations.
Participation on business configuration in accordance to customer's service contract.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- New graduates or employees with small working experience (up to two years)
- Good written and spoken English
- Good attitude & interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasking and team-oriented environment
- Ability to show active participation within a team – be engaged
- General "open source" knowledge, "hands on" approach and a "can do" attitude
- Good knowledge on Operating System (Linux, Solaris). VM knowledge (VMWare, VitrualBox etc.) would be a plus
- Knowledge of Shell scripting (Perl, python and Java will be an added advantage)
- Database knowledge (Oracle, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, mySQL)
- Experience with technical trouble shooting
- Knowledge on basic networking concepts. CCNA would be a plus
- Exposure to open source technologies
- Good Telecom understanding
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.