Being a student at Ericsson is special. We give you the knowledge to learn, challenging tasks to grow yourself, and the opportunity to work on projects that change the future of technology in telecommunication.
You’ll only get to start your career once. Let’s make it a good one!
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Developer Intern (C++/Python).
PDU Component Development (PDU CD) team belongs to the Generic Services development center. We are responsible for developing components to one of our product: Component Based Architecture (CBA) that is used mostly by other Ericsson applications. These components are: eVIP, Database Services (DBS; holding DBN and DAS), vDicos and C-Diameter. All components are written in C\C++\Python.
CBA is Ericsson's latest generation of strategic telecommunication platform.
- Secures the services which were provided by previous platforms (fast, reliable, scalable cluster architecture, fast data access and flexible load distribution)
- Based on standard APIs. (Often integrates "free and open source" software).
- More and more applications of Ericsson (CUDB, MTAS, CSCF, DSC, CCN...) are running on CBA platforms, both native and virtual / Cloud environments.
In Hungary, our interns supporting our Continuous Integration and Continuous Development teams, which developing Java based test framework.
What will you do
The above-mentioned components are being developed in Hungary, and we work together with Swedish colleagues on other components. Your task as a multi-functional member of the team will be to help maintaining and port the current CBA solution into a microservice-based architecture. As we want to keep building an agile organization, our team-members should be capable of writing code and do testing as well.
Apply if you have
- Ongoing BSc/MSc studies with at least one more year remaining at a Hungarian university
- Programming and troubleshooting experience in C++/Python preferably on Linux
- Basic testing skills
- Experience in concurrent programming
- A good understanding of distributed systems
- Flexible attitude and clear quality focus
- Real team-player and open to learn
- Good knowledge in English, both written and spoken
It is an advantage if you have
- Experience with using virtualization technologies such as KVM, VirtualBox, VMware
- Experience in the latest C++ standards and well known C++ libraries (eg Boost)
- Experience in agile way of working
What we provide
- Professional training courses to boost your professional development
- Flexible working hours
- High standard, modern working environment
- Right next to the BME and ELTE campus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the top tier providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D; Stud&YP
Req ID: 363006