At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to drive change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
About the position
Do you want to help secure 5G? Do you want to work together in an engaged team? Do you want to help shape the direction that the telecommunications industry takes with regard to cybersecurity?
What will make a difference for us is your personality, your ability to collaborate, learn, influence and lead. You will work closely together with a hybrid Networks and Digital Services R&D center in France, while remaining operationally linked to, and a key part of, the central Digital Services Security Center. Flexibility and self-motivation will be key, along with the ability to see opportunities or patterns that others may have missed.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about cybersecurity, and who has the ability to analyze and interpret information from standardization bodies, law enforcement & national security agencies, governments and partners in a way that allows Ericsson meet demands across our portfolio.
The future will look very different and the future starts today. We are re-inventing cybersecurity in telco core networks and in Ericsson Digital Services we accelerate the latest innovations delivering best in class Portfolio with leading technologies, built and delivered by the best people.
Ericsson Digital Services provides leading solutions and platforms in OSS, BSS, Core, Communication Services and Cloud Infrastructure. We are the partner of choice for Service Providers, combining 5G, Automation, ML/AI, Exposure, CI/CD, Distributed Cloud and Web scale with an iconic user experience.
The Digital Services Security Centre is responsible for:
- Secure Products
- Evaluate different security techniques on our products and solutions
- Manage investment in Security features
- Align across Product Development and Service Delivery units with regard to cyber security
- Define BDGS's security strategy
- Secure Development
- Security across the developer environment
- Protecting our most sensitive data
- Building resilience into our development and testing infrastructure
- Secure Delivery
- Ensuring the full Software Delivery pipeline is deployed securely
- Establishing methods for assuring the security of our delivery to customers
- Driving security in our cloud native environments
- Manage security incidents relating to BDGS products and deliveries
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in Cybersecurity, Regulations or Standardization
- Good business understanding and technical competence.
- Have a holistic view and ability to see the big picture
- Ability to bridge the gap between strategic and technical organizations
- Understanding and ability analyze data from internal and external sources
- Track record of implementation & working across diverse organizations and units
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary Package,
- Rich benefit package
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract,
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- Clearly defined career paths
- Work based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology,
- Work in an international environment based on cooperation
- Work-Life Balance
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.