Our Exciting Opportunity
The PDG Infrastructure is within Product Development Unit (PDU) Packet Core. PDU Packet Core is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Ericsson Packet Core portfolio. The unit was formed 1999 and has developed the 2G, 3G, 4G and now 5G Packet Core. The products exist in a native form, executing on dedicated hardware, in virtual versions, executing in cloud and now also in a cloud native form.
PDG Infrastructure provides platform/infrastructure for the EPG/vEPG node and its 5G successor, the UPF and also be part of 5G core network function development.
We are looking for an experienced manager. As one manager of PDU PC PDG Infra SW development team, you will lead a software engineer team responsible for software development. All work is carried out in Xft:s (cross functional teams) with E2E responsibility for the feature development.
- Lead software teams responsible for software development of features
- Recruit, develop and manage competence and performance of the team
- Mentorship and support software engineers for development
- Driving quality, efficiency and predictability
- Driving high quality ways of working and continuous improvements
- Driving one Ericsson approach, and a good team spirit also in difficult times
- Driving effective collaboration with teams from different countries for project success
- Contribution to Leadership Team and overall goals
To be successful in the role you are
- Having significant experience as a leader of complex technical organizations
- Proactive, with drive and initiative，and able to work under pressure
- Outgoing and easy to collaborate
- Strong push for perfection
- Ability and interest to lead with insight and humanness to motivate, develop, and encourage teams and individuals
- Master of Science or equivalent
- Strong experience in Software engineering, product development in parallel with a detailed understanding of telecom and cloud Software
- Significant experience leading development teams
- Strong meaningful domain knowledge to have the needed credibility with the teams, partners, and suppliers
- Ability to support line independent program flows
- Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as in written and spoken English
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.