Location: Lewisville, Texas
Our exciting opportunity:
As a part of establishing a Smart Factory within the U.S., we are now looking for NPI (New Product Introduction) Technicians to assist with the assembling and sub-assembling of radio units to be used on the 5G network. In this role you will position parts and subassemblies by using templates and/or accurately marking measurements according to specifications. Other meaningful aspects of the position include participating in the continuous process improvement to drive ever-improving quality and efficiency within the production environment.
• Prepare work to be accomplished by studying work orders, specifications, instructions, and diagrams and collect tools and materials needed to do the job
• Assemble cable harness and/or power supplies by selecting, accurately measuring, cutting, stripping, wrapping, and soldering cable
• Attach cable to components or plugs by examining connections for accurate fit and solder or crimp wires and connectors
• Build subassemblies by assembling to drawing specifications and solder or weld cut components to make subassemblies
• Assist engineering department with the creation of manufacturing drawings
• Verify conformance of work by comparing to drawings or specifications and ensuring accuracy
• Help resolve assembly problems by notifying supervisor to discuss solutions, to acquire additional resources, and to suggest improvements in work methods
• Maintain inventory list by checking stock to determine inventory level; keeping supervisor informed of needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
To be successful in the role, you must have:
• High School diploma; technical school (preferred)
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing/production environment (preferred)
• Ability to read drawings and calculate measurements accurately in work applications
• Ability to safely operate pneumatic and hand tools, including but not limited to: soldering irons, cutting dikes, files, screwdrivers, pliers, exacto knives, cable strippers, and automated machinery.
• Ability to receive, understand, and follow verbal, written, and demonstrated instructions
• Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Team-player, proactive, committed to providing high-quality work
• Ability to work overtime and/or flexible shift hours when required
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and meaningful driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || Supply&Log
Reporting to the Shift Leader