Head of Global Program Management – Network Managed Services
Business Area Managed Services is responsible for Managed Services Networks and IT, and Network Design and Optimization. BMAS hosts the Global Service Centers in China, Romania, Mexico and India, with more than 24,000 services professionals. Ericsson provides managed services for networks serving 1 billion subscribers worldwide.
With the continued proliferation of consumer devices such as smartphones, smart TVs, tablets and gaming consoles, the consumption of content, across both fixed and wireless networks continues to massively expand. End user behavior continues to evolve and consumers expect access to files and media from any location and from multiple devices, as we move ever forward towards a more connected society. Communication Service Providers (CSP) are under constant pressure to deliver ever increasing volumes of on-demand content and live streaming media, to very high levels of availability, quality and performance. More than ever using a managed services provider to help them with these challenges is a key strategy for our customers. As the Head of Global Program Management, you will be responsible for leading a pool of program directors and managers who will be assigned to lead global initiatives across the Service Area. You will also be responsible for the standardization of oversight, reporting and program / project management processes, (aligned to Ericsson standards) across the service area. You will also be responsible for the management reporting, cross program dependency and risk analysis across all global program initiatives required to support Ericsson’s Managed Services business over the next 5 to 7 years. The role will involve interaction with Service Delivery organizations, with Sourcing, Legal, Finance and other SA units as well as the Customer Units in Market Areas.
The role belongs to Business Area Managed Service, (BMAS) and the unit called Business and Portfolio Development, PA Network Managed Services. You will be reporting to Head of BPD NW MS. The location of the position will be in decided based upon the candidate, however Europe is preferred.
Your main areas of responsibility based upon business needs will include the following;
- Delivery & Leadership – Lead the PMO to support the program directors in the delivery of Business Case benefits and outcomes. Champion the use of best practice project management standards and processes.
- Business Case – Ensure the Program directors develop credible Business Cases with input from specialists as necessary.
- Budget – Develop and agree budgets for projects and/or programmes and forecast actual costs against them.
- Resources – Manage the Program Director resources
- Stakeholder Management – Ensure the project teams use appropriate tools and techniques for managing stakeholder relationships. Provide stakeholder management for all global programs.
- Risks & Issues – Establish the project processes and standards for managing risks and issues. Provide assurance to the SA LT on the effectiveness of Risk and Issue management arrangements.
- Governance & Assurance – Ensure appropriate governance is in place and arrange external reviews e.g. Gateway Reviews at appropriate points in the project lifecycle. Monitor the effectiveness of controls and ensure that recommendations from external reviews are acted upon. Including running the Investment Board.
- Drive changes in the delivery methods and processes to take advantage of agile program delivery.
- Be recognized as a program delivery and process leader in knowledge sharing communities.
- Representing the BPD team in internal and external forums, promoting and driving the program delivery strategy within Managed Services Networks.
- Cross-unit collaboration within Business Areas and Market Areas.
- You will be expected to travel and work in different cultural environments.
- M.Sc. or Business Degree or equivalent experience (a combination of Engineering and Business degree is preferred)
- Minimum 15 years of experience working with in the ICT industry with focus on outsourcing businesses.
- Extensive relevant experience in a service delivery environment where a significant portion was in a Senior leadership position or equivalent
- Extensive relevant experience in a program delivery and PMO functions where a significant portion was in Senior leadership position or equivalent with appropriate qualifications such as Prince2, PMP .
- Experience and strong ability to engage with C-level. Expert in listening, scoping and translating business objectives into delivery capability requirements.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Formation of compelling business case models, and value creation argumentation
- Creative in terms of ability to see opportunities in ambiguity, developing inspiration, innovation or insight.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface across the organization and establish a relevant network.
- Willingness and availability to travel frequently
Contact details: Lukasz Rokitowski, The Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 357808