Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson:
Software Component Technology is the appointed organization for Ericsson globally to introduce third party software components (3PP SW) into Ericsson systems for usage within Ericsson products.
The Software Component Engineer (SCE) supports execution of Ericsson policy and licensing obligations for third party software across multiple global programs.
The SCE is responsible for analyzing and documenting the export restriction of the component as well as performing a risk analysis of the community if it’s a free open source component (FOSS). SCE will communicate the technical and legal challenges and requirements, drive change and track critical dependencies for successful compliance of software content.
You will also:
- Manage Commercial and FoSS Software, including licensing and trade compliance for Ericsson programs/solutions
- Maintai a working knowledge of software principles and licenses, relevant trends, technologies, and best practices in open source software, Ericsson's open source compliance policy
- Collaborate with R&D’s, PL’s, Legal, Sourcing, Trade, Supply to make sure Ericsson fulfil its open source obligations and resolving any relevant issues that may arise, change management of impacted programs, gathers component plans and critical dependencies for implementation.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed):
- Software General Knowledge
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with open source technology, licensing and projects
- Good knowledge of software development process and software development kits, libraries, compilers and packages
- Adequate knowledge of the concept of Trade compliance related to software and applicable legal obligations
- Familiar with the software development and distribution process, optimizing use of third-party software
- Very good knowledge of relevant trends, technologies and best practices in open source software
- Strong understanding of software license compliance issues and contractual exposure
- Experience in creation, maintaining and updating license inventory database(s)
- Experience with software scanning tools
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify non-compliance to standards and to resolve complex issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to successfully interact with diverse/cross-functional teams, as well as motivate and elicit work output from peers and other team members
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and proactively suggest improvements in work methodology
- Team player and networking skills
- Professionally persistent and ability to work under pressure, especially during demanding circumstances.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
- WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Gym subscription;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- & more other benefits that the recruiting colleagues are looking forward to present them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.