Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
IP Engineer: Noida
As an 2n LA IP Engineer you would be responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.2nd Level Assurance Engineer is typically assigned to work on tickets and troubleshooting high level network and services faults.
- Responsible for 2nd level operation and maintenance (O&M) of customer IP network elements (Routers, Switches, Firewall ).
- Meeting or exceeding the network availability targets & responsibilities
- To ensure RCA for any fault within network systems
- To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA
- To coordinate with all technical teams to handle emergencies and if required coordinate with stakeholders (MSIP, PQM) and Tier2 support/3PP vendors.
To participate in internal/external technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible
- Clearing of assigned Trouble Tickets post troubleshooting
- Support all day to day 2nd LA activities like 2nd LA Support Activities like Incident Management, Problem Management, Change management, User Access Management
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Industry experience: Telecom/ISP/Enterprise with experience greater than 2 years of Practical Knowledge with excellent communication skills and able to handle end Customers to ensure their problems are addressed.
- Exposure in 2nd level support activities and troubleshooting of IP related networks issues and tickets (Routers, switches, and Firewall ) with Good Experience of Multi-Vendor Routing and switching products like CISCO ASR , Juniper (MX , TX and PTX) series ,Alcatel SR-7750 , Alcatel ESS7 switches, Cisco Routers and Switches ,Huawei Routers and Switches, Juniper SRX firewall
- Working experience on MPLS, Multicast, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VLAN, STP, LAG, VRRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, LDP, RSVP, BFD, STP and switching technologies.
- Any IP Certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA , ETCP would be given preference .
- Well organized and able to do multi-tasking, problem solving and strategic thinking
- End-to-End understanding of IP Network Architecture
Key Qualifications: Handling Multi-Vendor products like Juniper, Cisco, Huawei, Alcatel. IP Certification like CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA, ETCP
Education: B tech
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 2 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.