Location: Playa Vista (West Los Angeles), California
Our Exciting Opportunity
Are you a strong backend developer/architect with successful startup experience? Do you have a desire to make an impact technologically? The One Network is the place. We are a technology acceleration unit, designed to innovate, move fast and change the world as a startup, funded by Ericsson. In other words, we have best of the both worlds: excitement of a startup and impact of a market leader. We only want the best and the brightest, do you think you are up for it?
We are looking for the right person to lead a highly skilled and motivated team to architect and develop a scalable, resilient and secure product.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a highly skilled and motivated team to architect and develop scalable, resilient and secure Enoc
- Architect and develop Enoc with scalability, resiliency and security
- Interact with business and capable of understanding how data needs to be structured for consumption
- Implements and guides team on implementation of governance, stewardship, and frameworks requirements
- Establishes the best practice of data governance, data quality and Master Data Management for the project
- Provide coaching and guidance to backend data developers on technology, architecture and process
- Leverage most up-date techniques, architecture, open source
- Work with Product Management to deliver product on time according to roadmap
To be successful, you have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 5-years of distributed data management systems, data modeling, data storage and predictive modeling
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive software design and architecture
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python, Java, XML etc.
- Significant experience in micro services and identity security management.
- Experience with cloud environments and services, vm, containers, Kubernetes
- Strong ability to implement functionality
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in software and product developments
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
You also have:
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication to peers, product teams, management, and occasionally customers
- Guidance and mentorship to other engineers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute on long-range team and individual projects
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Los Angeles || ProdMgt