Location: Playa Vista (West Los Angeles), California
Our Exciting Opportunity
Are you a strong UI/UX developer, with successful startup experiences? Do you have a desire to make an impact technologically? The One Network is the place. We are a technology acceleration unit, designed to innovate, move fast and change the world as a startup, funded by Ericsson. In other words, we have best of the both worlds: excitement of a startup and impact of a market leader. We only want the best and the brightest, do you think you are up for it?
We are looking for the right person to lead a highly skilled and motivated team to deliver ultimate user experience through mobile apps and portals.
In this role, you will:
- Drive your designs through the whole lifecycle (via user needs, task analysis, personas, storyboards, user flows, prototypes, etc.)
- Produce elegant designs from low to high fidelity prototypes, which consider both user needs and business goals
- Develop relevant and durable strategies for UX
- Inspire, motivate, mentor, brief and direct our distributed creative teams
- Contribute with your designs to the Ericsson Design System
- Understand optimal user experience
- Drive UI architecture and interface
- Build mobile app, portals and all user interfaces
To be successful, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Factor, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 5+ years of user interface and visual design experience with Web applications, desktop, and mobile applications
- Successful UI/UX delivery experience
- Keen understanding of optimal user experience
- Experience with sketch mockups
- UI architecture and interface experience
- Ability to produce and deliver designs at various levels of fidelity (e.g. whiteboard flows, Lo-Fi prototypes, pixel-perfect layouts, animated transitions)
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, or After Effects and a willingness to explore new tools
- Experience with agile development
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Successful mobile app, portals and user interface development experience
- Strong ability to implement functionality
You also have:
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication to peers, product teams, management, and occasionally customers
- Guidance and mentorship to other engineers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute on long-range team and individual projects
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Los Angeles || IT
Req ID: 354928